Newbie in the house

Debs1972

MiniMins Addict
Hi All

First of all, Hello to all the other Newbies.

I discovered this forum recently when I was researching Epsom salts for weight loss and I am in my element :bliss: this site is amazing!!

There are so many topics I have wanted to comment on this week but I thought it best to do a post introducing myself before I start plaguing the topics :) although up until now I have not had time to do an introduction post.

So here I am. My name is Deborah (everyone calls me Debs) I am 5ft 6 and weigh 13st 8lbs currently, my heaviest has been 14st 10lbs roughly. I have tried every diet you can think of (although sticking to many of them for only a week or so) Cabbage diet - made one soup and hated it:jelous: Maple Syrup (Beyonce Diet) - bought the maple syrup/cayenne pepper and that was it, Rosemary Conley, Weight watchers and Slimming world etc. I have also tried the slimming tabs & patches and most recently Hypnotherapy & Boot camps (won't go into detail here - saving it for my new topics):)

I used to be geared for "quick fixes and little effort" but now I have a much better frame of mind I watch what I eat and exercise daily at the local gym, so hoping the hard work will pay off.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and getting tips/ideas, sharing success stories and motivating/ being motivated.

Debs

P.s I know I will sound dumb but where do I get those lovely weighloss signature that you all have.

Hi Debs and welcome you have to have 50 posts and then you qualify for a signature if i am wrong i am sure someone will say also if you look at tickerfactory.com they are all on there. You will have to keep posting and the more you post the more space you have for a signature good luck lol x

hiya debs,
nice to meet you!.. and wish you luck, your in good company!.. yep it 50 posts, i did mine in a day..lol just say hello to every one!!!!!.. :mad:)
sam......x

thanks all

Thanks all for your warm welcomes. Been posting on here for the past few hours, loving it. Got to sign off for a bit as watching a film withmy daughter before she goes to bed.
Back later

Hi and welcome, enjoy the film...xx

Hi Debs,

Well done on realising that fad diets and quick fixes is not the way to go. They don't work long term and that is because they are not sustainable long term!
I've tried every diet under the sun myself and have now realised that all i need to do is what i know works for me and my body. I know that my body hates carbs, but if i eat a little carbs, good carbs...then i'm fine. So one piece of whole grain bread per day and good carbs like sweet potato etc..that works for me. Eating mostly healthy, natural foods is the way to go for me...fish and salad. protein and lots of vegetables. Protein with every meal. We have to do whatever works for us coz we are all made up so differently. I've tried WW and plans like that and I seem to lose the first 7kg and then stop...coz i'm eating too many carbs and things that my body does not agree with.
Good Luck on your journey - find something that works for u and you will succeed i'm sure. This forum is great motivation, so much support!

Hi Wheelndeal77, I can thank hynotherapy for my change of though re fad diets. I have not discovered what things I personally need to limit or stay away from. I have hoever stopped eating white bread, eat low fat yoghurts, more fish, reduced my portions and drink more water.

Thanks for your support & good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Hi Mrsbooty,
Im new here too, Good luck to you, and with the support from all the people on this site, im hoping i can keep on track this time. I think im going to take Wheelndeal77's advise, basically no rubbish and eat lots of veg and drink plenty of water.

Hi there

Hi Mrsbooty,
Im new here too, Good luck to you, and with the support from all the people on this site, im hoping i can keep on track this time. I think im going to take Wheelndeal77's advise, basically no rubbish and eat lots of veg and drink plenty of water.

Hi lightheart
Welcome, I have only been a member a few days and I have learnt so much. love it on here. Hope you enjoy being on here. Keep us posted on how you are getting on.

Debs

Hi Debs,

welcome to the site. i only joined tuesday night and already love it and am completely hooked. lol. I managed 50 posts in only a day (i am a complete chataholic lol) so i am sure it won't take you long. Like Sam says just say hello to everyone.

I'll look forward to following your weight loss journey. Good luck xxx

Hi Rhibennett

hey there,

Welcome to you too :)
wow over 50 posts in 1 day :D I must work harder. Finally off to the gym as my daughter has finally got her butt into gear. will be back on later to hit that 50 mark and more.

Looking forward to watching your progress too.

take care & see you later

Have fun at the gym. I am just an addict. lol. This will be my 115th post since about 4:30pm on tuesday evening. lol. chat soon. xxx

Hi mrs booty how is the working out going or ya??

Hi mrs booty how is the working out going or ya??

Hey there.
I feel like I slacked a bit this week as I had my weekly 2 days off and then I felt too ill to do a workout yesterday. I had withdrawal symptoms.
But back on track today, did nearly an hour & half first things this morning and feel really good for it.

How are you doing?

Back