Newbie introduction/questions/diary

Hi All,

Very brief info to start with - i am 31 years old, i started trying for a baby with my husband in November 2013, i have managed to fall pregnant 3 times and miscarry. Obviously this has made me research the topic in depth and something that keeps popping up again and again is obesity. If my midwife wouldnt have mentioned the word obese i would never have known, sure i know im overweight but at 5'3" and size 12/14 i didnt realise that i am in fact obese which is an 'at risk' factor in pregnancy. So now i get to see a recurrent miscarriage consultant (1st Oct, this is my mini goal) (unfortunately the NHS have you go through 3 miscarriages before a referral is made) and i really dont want him to try and say its my fault due to my weight and to come back when ive lost. So here i am and i really have to stick to this.

My starting weight is 13 stone 8.5lbs, confirmed last night at slimming world. I was 13st 0lb when i got pregnant the third time but the hormones have really played havoc with me which has me now at my heaviest ever.

My aim is to follow slimming world but without the naughty syns of choc or crisps, instead i will syn brown bread, an extra weetabix for breakfast and have yoghurts that arent free to the slimming world plan but that still fit with the xenical rules.

My food has been as follows, please shout up if you think im going way off as i really want to lose as much as poss before my hospital appt - i know ill still be obese but the lower the number the better. Thanks in advance and i really hope that this gets read!

Yday:
Breakfast - 2 banana weetabix semi skimmed milk
Snacks - 3 crabsticks, 1x 70 cal alpen light bar, muller bliss corner
Lunch: chicken breast, brown pasta (unmeasured as per slimming world) and sweet chilli philadelphia cheese <-- i think this is probably not alllowed but id brought it to work at the point of realisation
Dinner - pasta, prawns, salmon, scallops, spinach, tomatoes and pasata for the sauce

Today:
Breakfast - 3 banana weetabix
snacks - muller bliss corner
Lunch - baked potato, reduced fat cottage cheese, mixed salad, low fat french dressing, chicken breast
Dinner - may just have beans on brown toast (no butter) as im super stuffed from my massive lunch

Hi hon! Your food looks generally Xen-friendly, apart from probably the Philly, as you said yourself, and possibly the salmon, which is quite fatty. I didn't find too many problem foods when I was taking it. :) xx

Hi hon! Your food looks generally Xen-friendly, apart from probably the Philly, as you said yourself, and possibly the salmon, which is quite fatty. I didn't find too many problem foods when I was taking it. :) xx

Tracy congrats on your weight loss you've done fantastically well! Did you do this solely on Xen?
oh yes the salmon! There was 3or 4 chunks, less than half a fillet but I didn't even consider that so thank you for mentioning it! I haven't had any side effects yet and don't feel any different so I'm hoping they're working quietly behind the scenes :)

thank you so much for your help xx

Thank you, hon! :) I took Xenical for a couple of years, combined with calorie counting. Hard to say how much difference the tablets made, but they certainly help keep you on the straight and narrow, lol. Good luck, I hope you have lots of success. :) xx

Back