Newbie just started SW

Me too, I admit I bought second hand pack. I have agoraphobia and really need to shift weight to help me overcome being housebound. Good luck ladies

Me too, I admit I bought second hand pack. I have agoraphobia and really need to shift weight to help me overcome being housebound. Good luck ladies
I know how you feel i am doing mine from home at the minute as i suffer from severe anxiety and fibromyalgia so i struggle to get to a group. I borrowed my daughters pack. I have been on it almost a week now and i am loving it. Good luck :)

Hi everyone am new to slimming world been doing it from the end of august and can't believe how fab it is, am looking some advice on varying healthy extra b's :)

My problem is 4 kids and bread. I'm surrounded by it . I mainly live on the sandwich or on toast lifestyle. It's small meals and filling. By the time I've cooked for the children . I don't want a huge meal. I also like wet food. So low syn thick sauces . Anyone else struggling with the suggested plate ratios ?

I was like that Louiep i was eating far to much bread and cheese and convenience foods as have 5 kids but 2 have grown up and moved out so decided to get some recipes and try cooking from scratch and it has helped brilliant. I have just done my first week and lost 6lb. Swap to 400g wholemeal bread

Hi :)

Welcome and good luck guys!

Just wanted to say that I totally sympathise. I have had severe anxiety with agoraphobia for about 7 years now (part of the reason I got so big!).

If you can manage to get out to a group just one time, though, I can't tell you how much it has helped my anxiety. I go for small walks every day now (I'm still scared but it's starting to feel normal again) and I really look forward to my one night out every week. It's weird, but having a routine and being part of a group is often the most crippling part of agoraphobia.
Even if you cry and quit after one session, it's totally worth making an attempt at going to a nearby group. If you have to go home, you know you tried... If not, you're making friends and actively working to "cure" yourself... It's been 6 weeks for me, and I've stopped taking my medication! :D

Take care xx

Back