Newbie looking for free/low syn snacks

Harrietcc

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to minimins, and returned to Slimming World diet a week ago. I am going it alone from home as I find it difficult to keep up with going to group, so I am hoping the support on here will keep me going. I have had a good first week, and will be doing a weigh in tomorrow, but I am looking for low syn or even free snacks.

I have a few to start us off:

Potato Cakes (Patties)

Smash
Warm Water
Herbs of your choice

This is a recipe that a lady gave me to use as a pizza base, but I haven't gotten around to trying it that way yet. Just mix the smash with the warm (not hot as you will burn yourself when you get to using your hands) water, however keep the mixture quite thick, more like a dough than mash, add in herbs and flavourings of your choice. For example, you could use garlic and parsley or chilli flakes, I have even tried using sweetener and sultanas which were also nice. You can cook these in the oven or frying pan with fry light.

They can be eaten as a snack with some quark and ham, or as part of a main meal.

Other things I enjoy for snacks are syn free yogurts, mugshots and noodle breaks, but I am looking for other syn free/low syn snacks as I am running out of ideas and don't want to fall off the wagon.

Any ideas much appreciated xx

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to minimins, and returned to Slimming World diet a week ago. I am going it alone from home as I find it difficult to keep up with going to group, so I am hoping the support on here will keep me going. I have had a good first week, and will be doing a weigh in tomorrow, but I am looking for low syn or even free snacks.

I have a few to start us off:

Potato Cakes (Patties)

Smash
Warm Water
Herbs of your choice

This is a recipe that a lady gave me to use as a pizza base, but I haven't gotten around to trying it that way yet. Just mix the smash with the warm (not hot as you will burn yourself when you get to using your hands) water, however keep the mixture quite thick, more like a dough than mash, add in herbs and flavourings of your choice. For example, you could use garlic and parsley or chilli flakes, I have even tried using sweetener and sultanas which were also nice. You can cook these in the oven or frying pan with fry light.

They can be eaten as a snack with some quark and ham, or as part of a main meal.

Other things I enjoy for snacks are syn free yogurts, mugshots and noodle breaks, but I am looking for other syn free/low syn snacks as I am running out of ideas and don't want to fall off the wagon.

Any ideas much appreciated xx

Thanks for that.I must try them out.I suppose if you add a tin of crab meat they would be fish cakes :)

Thanks for that.I must try them out.I suppose if you add a tin of crab meat they would be fish cakes :)

Yes, I have been thinking of adding blended prawns see if it makes a half decent alternative to prawn toast. I might have a look how many syns sesame seeds are. xx

I really like wafer thin ham and fat free cottage cheese, it actually fills me up for a good hour or so which helps until dinner time. Although not sin free I absolutely love home made scotch eggs and I take those shopping with me to eat around the store. They are 2 sins each but to be honest they taste better than store bought ones (which are 13.5 sins each) and the whole family now asks me to make them up as a big batch. The recipe is on the sw website but its just hard boiled eggs, Tesco lighter choices reduced fat sausages and scanbran (I don't use this I use a wholemeal crispbread)

Back