Newbie male dieter

dazd1970

Gold Member
Hi all, having suffered a stroke last year (March 2012) I have now finally accepted that, due to a lack of mobility, I need to be on a diet to lose the 3 and a half stone I put on while laid up. Severe vertigo and BPPV means I cant exercise like most and I don't have the daily work routine to keep me active.

Started tentatively over 2 months ago, just using wii fit for exercise (only aerobic for fat burning) and trying to cut down on food, but for the past 2 weeks or so I have started using Slimming World booklets that came with a newspaper. Just about starting to get my head around it all.

Everywhere I look people say the first week is the best week, and yet I lost nothing, I shall put that down to mobility. But I need to stop using that as an excuse. Cant get out to group meetings so any help will be very welcome. I'm determined, just makes it difficult when nothing seems to change.

One strange concept, I weigh on a Friday using the Wii, and a couple weeks ago i had lost nothing in 7 days, and yet, for some reason or another I weighed again on Monday and had lost 3lbs. Strange. Since then another 1lb has come off but last week it stayed the same again. So frustrating, all that effort for very little return.

Back