Newbie needing encouraging

Cazx28

Hi everyone,

I'm Caroline and I am starting my weightloss today :) I have put on 4.5 stone in the past four years (after having children) and I'm desperate to get back to my pre baby weight. I'm not following a particular diet plan, just cutting down on calories and eating less carbs, I know I capable of doing it as I have done before, it's more maintaining the weight that I struggle with.

I just wanted to introduce myself and I hoping to use you all as inspiration xx

Hello, welcome! There are various mental exercises and perform each day to motivate myself and inspire my journey. For example, I like to read/watch weight loss successes because it really gets me in the mood to exercise.

There is only one thing stopping you from losing weight... yourself. Nothing else can stop you!

Being overweight is HARD. Harder than doing exercise and eating right. Choose the easier one of the two!

Imagine yourself in 6 months, do you want to be like:

"I am so glad I dieted, it was tough but it was worth all the hard work." - You 4st lighter.

or

"I wish I tried harder to lose weight a few months ago." - You the same weight, or heavier.

I think through everything I just read each day, to inspire myself to do it. Because of this "mental questioning" I have been exercising for 10 days now. Something I haven't achieved for many years!

Good luck! I am no diet expert but if you have any exercise questions I know my fair share!

Hiya,

Thank you for responding :) I have just seen you live in West Sussex which is where I live (I'm in Horsham).
Exercise has not been my problem, I go to the gym regularly and I was a horse riding instructor before having the children. My problem is eating lol I eat everything and anything all day everyday, I even spoke to my dr at one point because I can literally eat until I'm sick without it worrying me, I'm pretty sure it's boredom mixed with comfort eating and I know that if I'm really strict with myself I can sort things out x

Hi Caz. I've be only just joined. I have 6 1/2 st to lose. Always been overweight, but horse-riding and (more to the point) mucking out and carrying soaked haynets used to just about stop me ballooning.
I too can eat until I feel unwell. Not a happy feeling but one I seem to aspire to often. I wish I knew why, such a horrible feeling.
I would love to be part of your inspiration, if you promise to be mine too! Starting 07/01/13 when the seasonal madness dies down and life gets back to a normal routine.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Hiya,

Thank you for responding :) I have just seen you live in West Sussex which is where I live (I'm in Horsham).
Exercise has not been my problem, I go to the gym regularly and I was a horse riding instructor before having the children. My problem is eating lol I eat everything and anything all day everyday, I even spoke to my dr at one point because I can literally eat until I'm sick without it worrying me, I'm pretty sure it's boredom mixed with comfort eating and I know that if I'm really strict with myself I can sort things out x

Nice, I live next to Haywards Heath :D

I see, would you find it difficult to go on a low carb, fat and sugar diet for 5-8 months?

Comfort eating is dangerous, I realized this too late... at 22 stone :( You need to stop before it gets worse!

Hiya,

Comfort eating - that's so me . Christmas has allowed all the bad stuff to creep back in - I found a primal diet the best for breaking cravings (or tweaked paleo) - been really naughty over Xmas and I've now reached the point that I am sick and fed up with feeling so bloated and ill - so it's back to clean eating for me. As of tomorrow it's no grains except porridge occasionally, no sugar (apart from natural fruit sugars), no dairy & after 3 days I'll be flying again.
Good Luck

Hiya iv been lurking around this site since January last year and managed to lose to stone just making small changes in my eating. However I'm going on my first family holiday with my boyfriend and 18month daughter in September and need to lose another two stone. I have just brought bob harper skinny rules and I'm starting on the 7th. I can't wait to not be bloated anymore! Good luck. Hope we can all help each other! X

7th for me too! Feel a fraud with others starting on 1st but I have family staying till then. They are visiting from NZ & haven't seen them for 2 years so don't feel I can offer a salad and some H2O! So until then, New Me hasn't started, but when I'm back to work & normality then it will. Good luck with yours!

Back