Newbie needing help!

kellmo

Gold Member
Hello everyone, I am 32 years old, mother of 2, wife, teaching assistant and part time trainee teacher at Edgehill university. I am currently about 10 stone (ideal weight would be about 9 stone 3/4...) HOWEVER, I have had a hell of a journey to get to here! I started back in June 2012 with Cambridge, I quickly swapped to Slim and Save to save money and have a little variety. I got to goal weight (9 stone 13) in November 2012 and I have been maintaining (after losing another 6lbs) with Dukan. To cut a long story short, I don't think Dukan is working for me. I am looking to eat healthier (more 'proper' foods and less protein heavy meals, less sweetener, less eggs, less non fat yogurt!) - I have to change my diet plan as I am just desperate to eat a normal, sensible, healthy way and I also NEED to because of my eldest daughter. She is only 8 and very underweight - the GP has told us we need to build her up - she needs to gain up to 18kgs (!!!!!) and so to be quite honest, this was the incentive I needed to stop Dukan and find a better way of eating/living. My daughter needs proper food (not that I have put her on Dukan or anything - she eats well!) but she will needs full fat foods which quite frankly I do not have the willpower to resist at times. I have been considering that surely all that protein is not too good for me and I have recently been really poorly (with a cough that lasted 6 weeks and ended in me breaking my ribs through coughing so much!) This blasted illness also made me realise that during my recovery I was eating nowhere near enough carbs to get better - my body was running on empty - no wonder it took me so long to recover - I have been EXHAUSTED! and now..... now I'm better I have self-sabotaged my eating plan and completely binged since Thursday dinner (it's now Sat night and I still haven't stopped!) - I need to change. I have decided to try the 5:2 approach - I think it would work well for me. I know I can do it - I have done VLCD, I can do this AND the bonus is I can eat properly on my up days. I am planning fruit,veg etc which is limited on Dukan (hence the reason I'm rapidly going off it). I obviously will have the occasional treat (as I do now with Dukan) but this way I think would just be.....more....me! SO, I would really appreciate some help, advice and support? I am big into planning my meals - tracking calories and cooking from scratch (when uni work permits) - I like lists of 'go to' foods which I can stock up on in times of need.... I have a bank of them now but not sure they'd be appropriate for IF. I suppose I want a healthier lifestyle, to lose 10lbs or so and maintain that - FOREVER. I appreciate any comments, help etc... Thanks, Kellmo x

oooh - could somebody also explain what % of my cals I should be having just to lose 10lbs??? then maintain?? thank you x x

Back