Newbie needing some guidance :)

ChrissyRiley

Silver Member
Okay so it's day 1, I'm weighing in at a monstrous 18 stone and 9lbs,
A little about me, I lost 5 stone last year on the Cambridge weight plan, but it was just too expensive
to keep it up so I had to give it up, then piled all the weight back on :(
I need to get the weight off as my partner asked me to marry him, but I said not until I'm light enough for you to carry me over the thresh hold :p So any held and advice would be very very welcome
I am uploading the pic's from last year as a remider that I can do this, (undies are out, be warned!)

So far today I've had
3 bacon and 2 eggs with 3 slices of cheese

Attachments

• photo0178_001.jpg
    photo0178_001.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 137
  • photo0180_001.jpg
    photo0180_001.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Photo0193.jpg
    Photo0193.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Photo0196 - Copy.jpg
    Photo0196 - Copy.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF1069.jpg
    DSCF1069.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF0979.jpg
    DSCF0979.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF0982.jpg
    DSCF0982.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCF0978.jpg
    DSCF0978.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 158
Welcome!

This is my forth day on Atkins, finding it easier compared to other diets which are all based around calorie counting. I am still a bit spectical that I will actually lose weight eating this way. Every meal I have is filling and tasty, unlike many diet foods I used to eat.

What you've eaten so far sounds good however, im no expert but i think you should aim to have some veggies with each meal if possible (someone please correct me if i am wrong).

Good luck x

Unfortunately I can't eat fruit and veg, the texture makes me sick :( Hoping it'll still work without veg xx

That's such a shame, I couldn't imagine not eating veggies! I do have a problem with some fruit and like you its because of the texture so i know what you mean. No matter how hard i try to eat certain fruit the texture just makes me gag.

Honestly don't know how not having veggies would effect the diet, maybe someone else will know. Are you planning on using flaxseed? I haven't tried it yet as i can't find any x

What is Flaxseed? I just weighed myself (I know after 1 day the difference won't be much but I'm a scales junkie) and I'm at 18.4 3/4 :D Pleased with that!xx

Im a scales junkie too! So much so I keep mine at my mums so I don't give tempted to weigh every day.

Flaxseed goes by a few names, Its what is used in the MIM (muffin in a minute) recipe which is induction friendly. Flaxseed or linseed (sometimes called that in the UK) is high fibre and low carb and when milled (you can buy the seeds and do this yourself or buy it already milled flaxmeal) can be used during induction. I think 2 Tbsp a day is recommended. I have yet to find any flaxmeal so i think i will just buy some linseed in the supermarket and try grinding it. I think flaxmeal is easier to find in places like Holland and Barrett rather than supermarkets x

I'll have a look for it, I'm still on track, but I have to say nothing is curbing the carb cravings! I really want some chocolate! I never ever crave chocolate lol!xx

I have not long started Atkins myself and have found it quite good so far... lost 10lbs in roughly 3 weeks i think but that includes a few cheat days. Thing about atkins is the you need to have a good balance of proteins etc. I used to hate veg but because this diet is so focused on meat and veg ive had to force myself to eat veg. A tip that Ive found that works with me... is cooking broccoli until it is very very soft therefore I can eat it because there isnt much taste to it that way... I made a thai chicken curry with broccoli the other day and the taste of the curry took the taste of the broccoli away and I couldnt feel the texture neither... might be a point to look at?
Good luck x

Hi newbie Atkinsers!

Im new to atkins this week too :) its great encouragement to see fellow followers !

I found a brill site called '*********' which had great low carb meals and snacks and u 'pin' your fave ideas onto a virtual pinboard to refer to.

have you started a weigh in night ....pwease can i join x Karen

Hi Miss Behave :)

there is a link on here somewhere for an atkins saturday weigh in....i haven't found it yet ?

which phase are you on or are you doing induction for a bit longer? im just days in after a looong break, stopped smoking and heaped weight on, lost 10 lbs over last year on and off low carbing but have another 10 to go

do u workout aswell? am thinking about doing some running but dark rainy nights v off putting, might give bodyrock tv a go after all!

xKaren

Hi Chrissie, welcome to Atkins!!! And well down on uploading your pics, very brave but brilliant to do as you will see the results!!! Good luck with your journey xx

kazt thats website that youve written has not come up... boo not good. I weigh in on a monday morning each week i write down on my signature on here but i actually go on the scales each morning... i know im not suppose to do this but i like to see the dial go down haha!! should really get out of this habit...
xx

oh no lol, totally forgot that websites dont show up, what ive typed now looks like a big long swearword ! it wasnt anything dodgy honest guvna!

am just waiting for mock muffins to come out of oven :) am going to photograph and log recipe if theyre ok!

using 'trace' chicken breast
chedder
6 eggs
muffin tray

Feeling a bit bleurgh today ...gotta yucky tum, am blaming eliquids tho, stopped smoking started 'vaping' and get diarrhoea...great :(

downloaded a low carb recipe book onto my ebooks and will be trying some this week !

Kx

I want to know about this website too! Sounds great. Sorry to hear about vaping giving those side effects. I used to be a vape addict and never had a problem. Didn't even realise it could do such a thing to a person!

x

hmm blaming vape but maybe viral, dunno bleurgh anyways, did you give vaping up altogether, think i'll go down nicotine levels and see how goes :)

the website is called p i n t e r e s t

its not just recipes, its fashion, art and all sorts bit like a virtual scrapboard

Kx

hmm blaming vape but maybe viral, dunno bleurgh anyways, did you give vaping up altogether, think i'll go down nicotine levels and see how goes :)

the website is called p i n t e r e s t

its not just recipes, its fashion, art and all sorts bit like a virtual scrapboard

Kx

Thanks for that, I will be checking that out x

Back