Step 1 Sole Source Newbie Needing some support

JulesMcL2110

Hi All

I have been lurking for a while and now have taken the plunge to join..
I have read many many threads and diaries, you are all so inspirational. I have been on Sole Source for the past 3 weeks and finding it ok. I am suffering from very bad constipation. Any suggestions would be grateful as I am using Fibagel!!

Thank you for taking the time to read

Week 1 - 19st 6lbs
Week 2 - 18st 11lbs - 9lbs
Week 3 - 18st 8lbs - 3lbs
Week 4 - 18st 1lbs - 7lbs
Week 5 - 17st 11lbs - 4lbs
Week 6 -

Hi Tomnkatesmum

Thank you for replying
I have been between SS and SS+ as i work away alot at the moment, but if I eat its a very small chicken and green veg dinner. I hope to stay on SS until Christmas.
I would love to have 4.5 stone off.. and then continue in Jan 13..

How have you been getting on? Great weight Lost so far for you also

Hey Jules. I've had two weigh INS and lost 12 pounds... I'm just SS ing at the moment and not finding it to hard.. I have about 6 stone to lose and would love to have lost the majority by xmas.... Must work hard... :)

I know that feeling :)
I have to admit apart from the constipation I'm finding it ok. My CDC is very good and supportive which you don't get with other diets!
Next weigh in for me is Sat morning which I'm looking forward to, strangely enough as I've been at home this week and have been 100%

Oh good luck for tomorrow... If you been 100% bet your excited for tomorrow... Have you spoken to your cdc about getting something for the constipation? Does the litres of water help at all? x

Yes I am looking forward to getting weighed will post tomorrow if I've lost. I'm drinking about 3L of water a day some days more but it doesnt seem to help. Ended up taking a laxative last night before bed and it really helped me. So going to get some psylium husks that alot of people on here recommend to keep you from becoming constipated.

How are about you, whens your next weigh in?

Good luck with your weigh in tomoro Jules. Not nice feeling being bunged up. Hope it doesnt put you off :) x

Thanks MandyMoo69

My CDC is coming at 9.30 so will know then if 100% SS has paid off. :)
You have done fantastically well 3st7.5lb in 9weeks that just amazing!!
Whats your secret? how do you keep going?

Hey Jules, I'm sureyou'll do fab, let us know... My next WI is on Monday... So far I have been 100% on SS since I started nearly 3 weeks ago... Just got to keep it up for the next 3 days.. I don't weigh in till 6.30 pm!
I just want to see a massive loss, loads of people seem to get them even when there cheating, so hope I will get a great loss when being good!

Best of luck for this morning huni x

Hi Girlies

Well I'm really chuffed!!! Had my WI - 7lbs off could not believe it :) :).

Week 1 - 19st 6lbs
Week 2 - 18st 11lbs - 9lbs
Week 3 - 18st 8lbs - 3lbs
Week 4 - 18st 1lbs - 7lbs
Week 5 - 17st 11lbs - 4lbs
Week 6 - 17st 4lbs - 7lbs

Well done babe you have done fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself! Bet its given you shedloads of enthusing for this week? You continuing with SS? do you do any exercise as well? Xx

Thanks tomnkatesmum for your kind words and support

I will SS+ this week as I'm working in London, I find it hard to explain to anyone that Im doing this diet so I tend not to.
When I SS+ I have Shake for Breakie, Soup for Lunch and Chicken/green veg for dinner. The usual 3-4 litres of water, I'll do that for 2 nights.

I have started to walk about 3 miles per day, and that has been in the last week.
Really determined not to have a fat Christmas like many in the past... :)

What a good idea about the food while your away... I hate telling people I'm doing this diet, I find they comment, often negatively and I just don't need it! I reckon there often jealous your bothering to do something about it!

I also want to be slim for xmas... I'm off on holiday with the whole family, 13 of us in total, my parents, brothers, their partners and all our kids.. I cannot wait, but don't want to be the fat aunty again !! Would love to shift 6 stone by then, but anything will do, I'm nearly 1 stone down with my third weigh in tomorrow, and still about got 10 or do weeks to xmas, I think!

Tomnkatesmum, you have done great with getting nearly 1 stone off in 2 weeks WOW!!
You still have 13 weeks to Christmas so at 3lbs a week is 39lbs for Xmas, thats what I'm aiming for!!

Sounds like a fab holiday. Will you be gone all of Christmas!

Holiday should be amazing, a fly out to Egypt on 20th Dec and fly back on 3Rd Jan! I CANNOT WAIT!! that us nearly 3 stone, wouldn't that be lovely... That would put me in the 11's and I don't think I've seen them for probably 11 years!!! :)

I know for me it would be in the 14's I don't think I have been that since the birth of my 15yr old lol

You def wouldnt get these loses on any other Diet like SW or WW
Although I have now started cooking SW for the family so when I do get to my ideal weight I will be prepared for healthy eating :)

That must be hard cooking for everyone else and not eating... But as you say great practice for when you get there! Yeah SW or ww wouldn't do this... Just need to keep plodding along! And repeating, it will be worth it, mantra style! :)

Back