Newbie needs help! :)

Discussion in 'Harcombe Diet' started by mstarr28, 12 May 2014 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. mstarr28

mstarr28 Member

Hi,
    I'm totally new to the Harcombe diet, actually only discovered it yesterday but the reviews are amazing I'm excited to try it out!
    Been doing slimming world but I get bored easily so need to see results fast or I lose motivation and willpower!
    Wondered if anyone would be kind enough to help guide me through the do's and dont's?
    Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Pickled Tink

Pickled Tink Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there...
    Fast results depend on how much you have to lose... During phase 1 I only lost 2lbs and then nothing for a couple of weeks afterward, although I feel so much healthier than I have in a long while.
    I avoid caffeine now, after years of awful tummy cramps I didn't suffer at all during phase 1 and so stayed off it. I was in Spain last week and didn't have decaffeinated coffee so drank normal with a couple of diet cokes - tummy pains came back within two days :-(
    Thankfully all gone now.
    I also went from SW to THD - no quick fixes but it is sustainable and the food is so yummy. I would advise you to buy the recipe book, it's got loads of ideas split down by phase...

Good luck with your journey :)

4. Suedefan

Suedefan Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.76%)
    Diet:
    Harcombe
    Hi,

I've been on this diet for a few weeks now, Lost 6 lb in the first week and have been steadily loosing every week. I feel amazing, compared to how sluggish I was before.

The only advice I can give you so far is, be very strictly in Phase 1 and follow the diet exactly. In phase 2 - be careful how quickly/how much you add foods back in. I am not a big milk drinker, but after years of black coffee I started treating myself to capo-chino whenever the rest of the family ate anything sweet (yes - I can now taste the sweetness in milk and cream). On top of the coffee (not literally), I was having cream, sour cream and cheese. Luckily, I realised mid week when I got on the scales and pulled it back. I over did it with dairy and that was not right for me, it may be ok for you.

I have not been an angel on a Saturday after weighing in, having homemade pizza or baking with the children, but am loosing a steady 1 lb or 2 a week and am very happy with that.

Hope you are doing well and enjoying it x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.