Extra Easy Newbie needs support

Lola1986

Hi!!

I have just started slimming world in the hope I can lose 2.5 stone and although I am finding the food fairly easy I am really missing things such as sauces, dressings and especially extra virgin olive oil! If anyone has for any tips or suggestions of things I can use as substitutes that would be really helpful!

I am also really going to miss my weekend drinks such as red wine and I know there are no substitutes for this I am worried this diet is going to make me really unsociable! I love to eat out every week or so and I'm worried this is going to make me become a bit of a hermit!! Has anyone else found this or worried about this too?

Thanks in advance!

Day 1 for me

Sauce I love is fat free yoghurt mixed with 1 tbsp dijon mustard 0.5 syn

Or mint sauce (sugar free ( mixed with ff plain yoghurt) is free

Also helmans fat free dressing

Im going to find it hard without drink too, but vodka is only 4 syns lol

Im a bit confused hun lol

You can have sauces, dressings, eat out and yes red wine - thats what your syns are for after all!

You can still have olive oil, just syn it. As for sauces, buy the SW Little Book of Sauces, it has loads of yummy ideas in there.

Hi there, yes like others have said you can still have these things. It does take a little time to get your head round this. You just have to alter your way of thinking a little and soon you will find that cravings stop and it becomes second nature to eat and drink a little differently. :)

Don't be scared of syns. That's why it works, you don't deprive yourself ! People are so successful because they know (or I do anyway) if I behave myself all week I can have my treats at the weekend x

So can you save syns for the weekend? Eg not have any a few days of the week and allow yourself to have a few extra at the weekend?

Just coming to the end of my first week. It does take a bit of getting used to. Sprays like Fry Light help enormously to make food tasty, and fat free fromage frais. Comments from the family on meals this week have been very positive. It has been straightforward to cook the meat and two veg part of each main meal as Free foods, with extras available for those who can have them and for me to measure as syns.

Good luck to us all.

That's what makes this plan so amazing, that you can have all these things. A large glass of red wine is 8.5 sins so you can use this as you like. If you want to save your syns to drink at the weekend that's fine!

Use your syns though, any week I have cut back on syns I have lost less! It's a part of the plan!

I felt like this at first too! But looking back at the week I had less syns were the weeks where I didn't lose as much! It takes a while to get used to it but I promise it will become second nature and you can still have that glass of wine! As a twenty four year old all my friends still go out every weekend so I just use my syns for vodka and diet coke and it works for me ;) good luck with your weight loss xxxxx

em :)

Thanks everyone it makes me feel so much better abut syns and less guilty about having them that you seem to get better results when you have them!!

Back