Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

newbie- new start to life!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jess<3, 7 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Jess<3

Jess<3 Journey to 10 stone loss

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi all, new here & excited to loss the weight!!

Was due to have gastric bypass surgery as i need this to loose my weight inable to have my leg/knee surgery again (failed last few times & now weight is a problem)

Well it came 5days before surgery and i realised i really didnt want it, i was scared.
    So here i am, on slimming world diet willing to loose the weight!

Roughly i need to loose around 6 stone. Already done 8lb in my first week so would be brill if the weightloss continued like that!

Anyone want to be a SW buddy then id be up for that :)

Jess xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chunky_Monkey

Chunky_Monkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Welcome and good luck with your journey.

The thought of a gastric bypass has always scared me too. It does look like a very drastic and permanent measure but it clearly gets results.

Losing it on SW might make you feel a little better lifted when you finally reach your goal.

I am on Weight watchers and am into my 3rd week and it is excellent, so I hope SW has the same results for you.

Well done on the first 8 lb. What I am doing, is trying to out do my result every week. I am such a competative person that I find competing with myself will give me less reason to quit :)

Good Luck and WELL DONE!!! xxx

4. WhatLiesWithin...

WhatLiesWithin... Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(11.65%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hey jess, congrats on your 8lb so far, amazing! a good loss in the first week really spurs you on, i've lost a stone so far on SW and its been 5 weeks, i think :S lol i'm hoping to lose another 8 stone i think, but trying not to focus on the huuuuge pic and instead each pound/stone as it goes. you'll find so much support and encouragement on this forum, but hey, so if you ever need anything, just shout! :)

Claire X

5. strawberry220

strawberry220 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, well done so far and Good Luck.

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW.

Irene xx

7. Jess<3

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    thank you all, lost this thread but obv found it again!!
    ive been doing SW for 31 weeks now an lost 3 stone 4.5lbs :) i LOVE slimming world!!!!

8. Bobbi.T

Bobbi.T Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow, really well done. This is my first time on SW although I've tried them all over the years , except the vlc diets. I know it's going to take me ages to lose what I want to but I don't mind along as it comes off. Was gutted my first week as I only lost 1lb but did lose 4.5 last week. Weigh in tomorrow so we will see what this week brings. Hoping for 1.5 lbs but expect it'll be 1/2 lb knowing my luck.

Keep up with your great loss & let us know how it's going. )

Roberta.

9. Jess<3

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Some people are different for loss. My friend lost 2lb the first week. I lost 8lb. But her 2nd week lost 4lb.
    Thank I will do. Good luck on your journey x

10. Bobbi.T

Bobbi.T Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just weighed in today & l lost 1lb. Not fantastic but still almost half a stone in the 3 weeks. Better off than on I say. :)

11. Jess<3

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    well im so glad i decided to try myself again. ive saved like 10k for a start lol. (as hospital wouldnt pay because i didnt live close enough. wtf?) an im almost 4 stone down :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.