Newbie on 1st day!

Penonfell

Hi everyone.

I started the Lipotrim TFR program today as I really want to lose at least 4 stone and have tried most of the food diets with good results but then quick weight regain.

When I heard about Lipotrim I thought perhaps cutting out food all together would be the best way for me but I was a little put off when I visited this forum last week to get an insight and read a few of the posts which said the shakes were horrible and people were gagging when drinking them etc.

Now I have completed my first day I am pleased to say that I find the strawberry shake and the chicken soup quite nice, the vanilla shake is OK too although I'm not a big fan of Vanilla flavour generally so I am pleased I won't be gagging on them and happy that I should be able to cope with each day!

Hi Angela - lovely to see you :welcome:

I'm so glad you started anyway, and have found some of the shakes ok for you. It definitely varies from person to person, and also over time as your tastebuds change. The first chicken soup I had was so revolting I barely finished it. Today, after my first mouthful I caught myself going "Mmmmm..." - I NEVER thought that could happen! :D

4 stone you reckon? I say, if you stick with it 100% you'll be a sexy little minx by Valentine's Day... Go for it!

The great thing I've found with doing this diet is that it totally divorces you from food for so long that it gives you an excellent start towards re-educating yourself. You'll hopefully come to recognise the habits you've had, that need to change, and you can spend plenty of time figuring out ways to beat them for the future. Should help towards not regaining the weight again afterwards.

You've got the tough bit ahead of you for a few days, but hang around here and you'll get lots of support to get you through it. From next week it's plain sailing! (Well, plainER, at any rate :D).

Enjoy your journey,
Marianne x

Also a newbie....

Hi!
I just started on Tuesday (Thursday now) and have to admit that I'm finding it really tough. They say the first week is worst though, right? De-tox, habit breaks.... I have a really similar profile to you Angela - I'm thinking 2 weeks to begin with, then til Dec, then til mid-Dec and take it from there! I've heard from some people that its a good kick start for other diets if you feel you need that complete break and then feel like actual food again! Good luck!

I found the first 4 days quite tough, but just about bearable!! Im just nearly finishing my 4th week, believe me it does get better and actually you do forget about food! I have anyway and if I see anything I think I would like to eat at that time, I just keep repeating to myself, "christine, that food will still be there when you reach your goal, its not going to disappear over night WAIT" - seems to work for me.

Good luck and hang on in there :)

Hi everyone.

I started the Lipotrim TFR program today as I really want to lose at least 4 stone and have tried most of the food diets with good results but then quick weight regain.

When I heard about Lipotrim I thought perhaps cutting out food all together would be the best way for me but I was a little put off when I visited this forum last week to get an insight and read a few of the posts which said the shakes were horrible and people were gagging when drinking them etc.

Now I have completed my first day I am pleased to say that I find the strawberry shake and the chicken soup quite nice, the vanilla shake is OK too although I'm not a big fan of Vanilla flavour generally so I am pleased I won't be gagging on them and happy that I should be able to cope with each day!
Maybe try mixing the vanilla shake with coffee... : )

First few days are the worst!!! Keep at it.... LT really does give yo a chance to look at your relationship with work!!! Its not easy but its soooo worth it!!! x

Hi Angela and welcome!
You have made a wise decision to start LT. I'm in my second week and thankfully it is so much easier. I thought it might help to share my experience to date. Week one was hell for me and there were many times I nearly caved in. I'd say days 2 and 6 were my hardest but by day 7 there was an absolute turn around. At times I felt is this worth the torture between hunger and missing the normal routines in my life. I found drinking water, water and more water in addition to many early nights helped me. Also hot drinks are great but most invaluable was the support I got this site. On the days I was really struggling I came here for support which I got oodles of.
1st weigh in 13lbs OFF ... UNBELIEVABLE!! I can't tell how good that felt and the girls were right it really motivates you, so all I can advise is dig in deep YOU CAN DO IT!!
Good luck for your first week.
Debbie xx

Newbie Too

Hi Angela,

I started yesterday, day 1 was hard but stayed focused and like many on the forum opted for an early night to get away from the hunger pangs. Hoping day 2 is better. Keep thinking how much better it will be when I can get into some of the clothes hanging in my wardrobe.

I have a similar amount of weight to lose as you and know that the support that everyone give you on this site will help us through the first couple of weeks.

Tracy

:)

Hi Tracey
A big welcome to you, just to let you know I'm able to get into jeans that didn't fit me a week ago .... yes after just one week of the diet. It is so worth the hard work so like I said to Angela dig deep and you'll get through the first week. The second week gets much easier!!
Good luck xx

Hi everyone,
I've started today! I'm ready to lose about 3 stone, really want to do this as nothing else seems to stick with me so hoping no solid food for a while is the answer.
Only time wil tell! Think I'm going to need all the support I cam get so any advice etc is welcome.
I'm hungry already! Haha!

Hi Frecklesy - welcome to the forums... :)

Congratulations on making a start, it could very well be the best thing you've ever done. I've just lost 3 stone and the difference is astonishing! I'm not quite at goal yet, but I'm no longer "overweight" (just!) and I feel abosolutely brilliant.

Still feel hungry now and then, but now I don't care! :D The real hunger will go after a few days and then after that, it's mainly going to be psychological - that's great, because you can learn your triggers and figure out ways to fight them. For now, if you're hungry, reach for a drink... water, fizzy water (doesn't have to be expensive - I have to supermarket value stuff and it's fine - makes you feel quite full, too, which is good), coffee or teas (regular, white, green, mint, nettle, etc). Drink, drink, drink, have bubble baths, re-arrange your wardrobe, internet window-shopping for your new, sexy wardrobe, post on here (while having more drinks...) and so on.

If you can get through the first week you'll be laughing.

Good on you,
Best of luck,
Marianne x

Marianne
Thank u so much!lovely of of u to share your experience with me!
I managed the first day even when my hubby and friends had an indian takeout!
The only problem I seem to have now is my breath already starting to stink!
That's not good :( it never usually does- I'm usually the one telling my husband his breath ain't great but now it's the other way round! Haha!

Jen
x

Marianne
Thank u so much!lovely of of u to share your experience with me!
I managed the first day even when my hubby and friends had an indian takeout!
The only problem I seem to have now is my breath already starting to stink!
That's not good :( it never usually does- I'm usually the one telling my husband his breath ain't great but now it's the other way round! Haha!

Jen
x
Ahhh you say its not good.... but it is... its a symptom of ketosis!!! Its on its way hun!!!

Hang on in there!!!!

xxx

Oh, boy. Yep, the dreaded breath! I'm exactly the same with my OH - I keep my mouth firmly shut if he kisses me in the mornings! :- D

Sadly, it'll only be a case of damage limitation for the duration... Lots of drinks and teeth cleaning! Keep a travel toothbrush in your handbag, maybe. :)

Mx

So I may be in ketosis already! Wicked! Hope iv not ruined it.was getting fed up of stinky breath so used colgate alcohol free mouthwash hope that's ok!
Have ordered some breath strips from amazon.today has been really hard especially this evening i feel really hungry and a bit weak. Been drinking lots of fennel tea&water. Thinking too much about food!
Will my hunger go away?

Yeah.... The physical hunger will... Its the psychological hunger that is a pain in the ass lol x

Hi there,
I'm new to this too. I started on the 1st so am on day 6 now and have found that I need to remind myself to have all 3 shakes each day as the hunger has certainly gone for me. Hope it does for you soon too.
x x x

newbie too........ help

hey all, just getting used to this forum, nearly sure i posted something last night, but i can't find it now...... i'm almost over day 2, and the last hour is sooooo hard, the road ahead now seems so long, planning on staying on it for 4 weeks, mightn't seem to long, but right now it seems forever.... I'm looking forwad to tomorrow morning and feeling good about being on day 3....... need support......... big time xx

hey all, just getting used to this forum, nearly sure i posted something last night, but i can't find it now...... i'm almost over day 2, and the last hour is sooooo hard, the road ahead now seems so long, planning on staying on it for 4 weeks, mightn't seem to long, but right now it seems forever.... I'm looking forwad to tomorrow morning and feeling good about being on day 3....... need support......... big time xx
You can do it!! Stay strong hunni!!!

x

Thanks dee!! This will all be worth it, and I'm guessing its moments you get stuck in and they pass, like with everything..... "nothing tastes as nice as being slim feels"... heard this once, and keep ramming it through my poor tortured brain........ Its an acheivement if nothing else, and to feel good about not falling off the wagon in years, will be a very sweet feeling....... I'll be on here for support, and to read all your motivating threads....... thanks xxxxxx

Back