Newbie on a mission!

Hi everyone, thought it might help me to post a diary as I am sure there will be highs and lows and keeping my fingers busy on the keyboard might keep them out of the fridge:rolleyes:.

I have struggled with my weight all of my life, tried everything, the only marginal success I have had is with VLCDs, first LL about 7 years ago, I managed total abstinence for three months, then got pregnant..... had my baby and within a year....pregnant again....twins!! I was the most enormous thing you ever did see. Since then, have lost some through cambridge, and then lipotrim, but never managed total abstinence for more than a week. In addition, the packs all make me feel sick, except for the choc ones, so that was my lot, 28 choc shakes, a week of starvation, then a weekend of binging.:confused:

I am sick of the whole thing. Then I discovered S&S. It is day three. Have found it really easy, I like that I can eat, and I like the new flavours. I must be in ketosis now as just realised I have another foodpack to tackle and dont really want it :D.

Had a bit of a strange do earlier, made myself a dry stir fry with chicken, onion, mushroom, spinach and some crushed peppercorns, was really enjoying it and all of a sudden mid mouthful, I felt so nauseous, and really nauseaous, I ran to the loo and steeled myself as cant bear being ill, especially when I have just eaten, how utterly foul I felt, then it passed as quick as it came, so not sure what all that was about, never had it before.

So my major problem number one is sticking to this through the weekend, and here it is, the weekend starts here........ So I will be endeavouring to write in my diary in the hope that this gets me through and I can use it as a tool to be honest with myself. Rainy weekends with three little ones largely revolve around food so its gonna be challenging. Oh and I stopped smoking as of 3 pm today!!

Please give me any advice you can. I think I am an old hand at this, but on reflection, if I had it sussed, I wouldnt be here now. I just want to get it off, all four stones of it and get on with living.

Have been lurking for a few days, everyone seems so lovely, hope we can all do this.

Hello and welcome! I could identify with a lot of your post - especially the starve/binge bit. I've been trying to get some weight gain off since Christmas but never managing to stick to it consistently. I'm on day 6... And find weekends difficult too. I've got two children and know what you mean about rainy weekends. Though I try to keep balanced around food with them, when I'm off work I tend to cook most of the meals, which means I'm always thinking about/preparing the next meal, which isn't always helpful when trying to maintain/lose.

Sounds like you're in ketosis, which should really help. Just remember any cravings are all in your mind from now on (hope I remember this too!)

Could the nausea have been the shock of normal food after weeks on packs? I don't do the veg/protein on sns - I find it easier to stick to if I just have packs. It also means I have the thought of a protein/veg meal in reserve if I get cravings, and I reckon if I can resist that, I can resist (insert a carb-laden food of choice here!).

Oh and well done on stopping smoking! You're really going for it!

Good luck!

Back