Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Newbie over here! *waves*

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by slimmingd0wn, 9 May 2011 Social URL.

1. slimmingd0wn

slimmingd0wn Member

Hello everyone!

I recently started slimming world in a local club - and found the leader very unhelpful and left really confused. After 3 weeks I had lost 6 pounds ... but it was because I was too scared to eat anything rather than eating the right things. So I left and fell of the diet wagon for a while.

I am back with a vengance and want to lose as much weight as possible before my holiday at the end of June.

I have struggled with my weight for a while - I went to WW and lost a stone which was fab - until it was my 21st birthday ... and then alcohol combined with naughty foods made me put it all on over a month of partying. Diets I have done in the past include: WW, Cambridge, Lighter life, Slim Fast, SW and various combinations of my own made up low cal/low fat diets. Never have I got to goal, and never have I been happy in my adult life.

I have been working out lots recently, but to my horror I have GAINED weight... I am talking 6 pounds over 2 weeks. Now I know about muscle mass and water retention and all that - but I still cannot believe that what I am seeing it right. So I thought its probably down to my diet - need to kick this into shape AND exercise to get the right balance.

So here goes!
    I have 6 weeks and 3 days until my holiday, but even AFTER the holiday I am going to work towards my goal and try to maintain.

STATS:

Weight: 12 stone 8.5
    Goal: 10 stone 7

Waist: 34 inches
    Bust: 36inches
    Hips: 41 inches
    thigh: 21 inches

I have decided (after many attempts) that sometimes inches mean more - hence why I have taken these the day I am starting. Will update my measurements every week too.

Support is REALLY needed with me - so any help/advice/support you can give - please do!!!

xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tracejovi

tracejovi Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.08%)
    Hello and welcome!!!

Tracy xx

4. Cleogin

Cleogin Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.14%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Hiya
    Welcome to the forum!

Inches are a great idea..... It can really help to see losses in places other than the scales.

Good luck, you will find lots of support on here :)

5. slimmingd0wn

slimmingd0wn Member

Thanks guys!!
    After day one i am feeling full... which doesnt feel right like other diets lol.

Could someone check my food diary and check I have done it all right? Really paranoid that I havent! lol.

xx

6. Cleogin

Cleogin Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.14%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Hiya,
    I had a quick look, I assume you are doing EE? You had a nice variety of free/ superfree foods but possibly not enough syns? Obviously it may work for you that way, but it's not supposed to be a " diet" as such so you should treat yourself to a few yummies!
    Plenty of water too! I eat loads more than you too and still lose so make sure you don't get hungry.
    Xx

7. slimmingd0wn

slimmingd0wn Member

Oh I really am full!! I know about the syns ... I just didnt want to eat if I wasnt hungry ... if you know what I mean.

But then it hit me. I hadnt used EXTRA lean meat. So I worked it out and for me 1/3 of the cottage pie I had 9 syns!
    So that works that out.

haha.

Need to get some extra lean mince though ;)

xx

8. jenxy

jenxy Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(22.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello there, I went to my first ever SW meet last wednesday, so I am new to this too. I too am feeling so full all the time that I keep questioning whether it is right. I have re-assured on here that it is. I really don't feel like I am on a diet at all. Good luck with your journey, I go to weigh in the day after tomorrow, so I am hoping that I have done well, being my first week n all. :)

9. nicnocks

nicnocks Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi and good luck with your weightloss journey x

10. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi - I know what you mean about inches instead of pounds. I do SW, and do a class at the gym every day (aerobics / body bump / body combat / LBT / whatever's on) amd sometimes swim as well. I'll know when I've arrived because my clothes (the smaller ones at the BACK) of the wardrobe) will fit me properly again. I can get in them and do them up now, but not a comfy / flattering fit yet, so a bit further to go.

11. slimmingd0wn

slimmingd0wn Member

Hello Jenxy! Good luck in your WI! let me know how it goes.
    I am super excited about it because I REALLY want to lose weight for my holiday whch is in just over 6 weeks time. Over a stone by then and I will be happy. Stone and half + if I have my own way. haha.

Thanks for the support everyone :)

Tips welcome as to how to speed it up to get my beach body in 6 weeks. Target is only 2 stone anyway!

xx

12. skinnybride2013

skinnybride2013 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st13.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.15%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Well done for joining, I agree measurements are important especially if your a gym go-er! I might add my measurements to my diary and join you :)

In 6 weeks you can be slimmer, toned and enjoy your holiday

13. Yaz2135

Yaz2135 Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.53%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Welcome, good luck everyone with weight losses, my 1st week I didn't use up hardly any of my syns, I think I only had 23 for the week, this is the only week that I gained, so I make sure I use all my syns without a doubt!! Also a good way to speed up the loss is to have lots of superfree and superspeed foods!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.