Newbie problems

00becky00

Hi all, newbie here :)
Started Slimming World from home again on the 4th, had my first weigh in on Monday and had lost nothing :( Disappointing, but I put it down to my ⭐️ week so tried not to let it get to me too much. So since then, I've stuck to plan 100%, tracking everything I eat and counting syns, had a cheeky weigh this morning and I've still lost nothing! I don't understand why though when I'm following plan word for word. The last time I did SW was 3 years ago, and I'm eating the same foods that I did then and I had great losses, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong? I'm feeling so deflated right now...

Hi becky.

Welcome back. Xx

Do you have the newest books?

A lot has changed in 3 years, and if you are doing it from home you may not have the newest literature.
I know it shouldn't be that different, but syn values and the such like may have changed from when you were last on at it may effect your losses.

Xx

Agree, can you post your food diary so we can see how you have been doing? may be able to point out if anything could be the issue x

Hello, sorry for the late reply. Yes green eyed monster I'm aware of the new books as my mum attends group so I use them too :)
Bearing in mind my first week was a star week (typical) I guessed I wouldn't lose as I never did before, so I'll post a diary of my week so far...

Monday. HExA 30g cheddar 35g choco shreddies
Breakfast. HExB with skinny milk (2 syns)
Snack. Banana and sugar free red bull
Lunch. Extra lean smoked bacon sandwich with HExA on brown bread (6 syns) and fruity brown sauce (1 syn) and apple
Dinner. Wholewheat pasta in pesto (3.5 syns) with 3 heck chicken italia sausages (3 syns) and extra lean smoked bacon and mixed salad
Dessert. Choc quark (2 syns) with 1/2 syn choc shot and strawberries

Tuesday. HExA 350ml skimmed milk HExB 35g porridge oats
Breakfast. Overnight oats
Lunch. Extra lean smoked bacon and scrambled egg on brown bread (6 syns) and fruity brown sauce (1 syn)
Dinner. Nandos peri peri flame grilled chicken butterfly (3 syns) and mixed salad
Dessert. Vanilla muller light with strawberries and a glass of remaining HExA

Wednesday. (Same HEx as Tuesday)
Breakfast. Overnight oats.
Lunch. Chicken salad with salad cream (2.5 syns)
Snack. Homemade cappuccino using HExA and banana.
Dinner. Same as Monday.
Dessert. Same as Monday and glass of remaining HExA.

Thursday. HExA 350ml skimmed milk HExB 2 alpen light bars
Breakfast. Homemade cappuccino, muller light, alpen bar and banana
Lunch. Pasta mug shot and banana
Dinner. Cottage pie made with 1/3 sachet of Colman's cottage pie mix (about 2.5 syns)
Dessert. Remaining HExA and B, mikado sticks (3.5 syns), choc quark (2 syns) choc shot (1/2 syn) and Oreo cookie (2.5 syns)

Friday. HExA 350ml skimmed milk HExB 1 alpen light bar and 1 hifi bar
Breakfast. Homemade cappuccino, muller light and fat free yoghurt w/chocolate (1 syn), 1 apple, 1 banana and 1 hifi bar
Lunch. Noodle mug shot
Snack. Coffee, alpen light bar and banana
Dinner. Ristorante pizza (21.5 syns)

Saturday. HExA 350ml skimmed milk HExB 1 hifi bar and 1 400g slice brown break
Breakfast. 1 hifi bar and banana
Lunch. Brown bread slice, scrambled egg, 2 rashers of extra lean smoked bacon, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms with fruity sauce (1 syn)
Snack. Homemade cappuccino and banana.
Dinner. Grills chicken mini fillets, homemade sweet potato and regular potato chips, mixed salad and salad cream (70% less fat, 1 syn)

I've also heard that if you tend to stick to the same foods then you won't lose weight? I'm just curious about how true this is cuz I don't eat a massive variety apart from dinner time, as it's my other half that cooks and not me, so I have to wait til he finishes work before I can eat.
I'll appreciate any feedback :)

Becky

I don't know about not losing weight if eating same things. Although slimming world doesn't count calories, you can only lose weight be eating less calories than your body burns, so eating the same things would not change the amount of calories you were having. I guess you could get bored though and start snacking on other things??

One thing I notice is it seems you are having speed food with dinner, but you are not having a third speed with each meal. I think you are supposed to have a third speed with each meal if you can.

You are having two bananas a day, which of course is on plan but bananas are a fruit quite heavy in calories which is why they are not a speed food. Maybe try switching one of those bananas for a speed fruit?

Other than that it looks good to me! I'm sure the weight will start coming off hun x

Completely agree with Moongazer.. you don't seem to be having that third with each meal - so yes you will lose weight but it will be slower than if you upped your speed foods. A banana is not classed as a speed food anymore - although still a free food!

They say the more variety you have the quicker the weight should come off, but equally I know loads of people that are fussy eaters so stick to a lot of the same foods each week and still lose xx

Back