• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Newbie Questions

Hi guys. Book finally came but still confused on some items and hoped you could help.

1. Cockles - they aren't mentioned in the book - are they allowed?

2. Hate cottage cheese so could i substitute for Philadelphia extra light?

3. Ham - I love carver ham - is this allowed - if not can anyone recommend what one I can eat?

4. Diet tonic water think its 2 cals per glass but I can drink lots of it!

5. Low fat yoghurts - I like the muller light fat free - are these allowed?

Thanks in anticipation for your help :D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

LVLLM

Gold Member
C: 11st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.3
Hi guys. Book finally came but still confused on some items and hoped you could help.

1. Cockles - they aren't mentioned in the book - are they allowed? they should be ok

2. Hate cottage cheese so could i substitute for Philadelphia extra light?-try quark thats similar to philly. you can have the phil extra light on cruise but not attack and not much

3. Ham - I love carver ham - is this allowed - if not can anyone recommend what one I can eat?whats carver ham?

4. Diet tonic water think its 2 cals per glass but I can drink lots of it!
diet drinks ok
5. Low fat yoghurts - I like the muller light fat free - are these allowed?yes. fruit ones only 2 per day but the vanilla or toffee ones are unlimited

Thanks in anticipation for your help :D

Best of luck and look forward to seeing you on here and see how you are getting on :D

LVLLM

Gold Member
I was so excited starting this diet too lol!!! did get bit fed up to start but i know make chicken tikka, thai chicken and all sorts of things that ive never made before!

twinmum05

S: 11st10lb C: 11st10lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Vicky sorry to gatecrash the thread but do you have any recipes for your chicken dishes? i am totally fed up of the stuff!! xx

LVLLM

Gold Member
chicken tikka/tandoori/korma even....... i put chilli garlic and ginger in with some natural yog and some tikka (or whatever) spices and marinade overnight. i like to have the chicken in cubes so can skewer them and grill. I have them with yog and mint dip :)

Thai chicken - light soy sauce (not much) garlic, lemongrass, chilli and ginger. Leave it to marinade overnight/all day and then just grill

Chicken breast split in middle and stuffed with garlic , egg dipped and covered in oatbran and cooked in the oven :D

ill let you know if i get any more ideas !

S: 14st2lb C: 10st13lb G: 10st6lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 3st3lb(22.73%)
If you are bored of chicken try turkey, you can buy loads of fresh breast and turkey steak and its really really tastey, much nicer that chicken and also a lot cheaper!