Newbie starting Monday!

Discussion in 'JUDDD / Intermittent Fasting' started by Blu, 18 April 2014 Social URL.

1. Blu

Blu Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to intermittent fasting but have just ready the every other day diet book and I'm really enthusiastic to give it a go. I generally follow a paleo/primal diet but I just can't seem to lose those last stubborn 10lbs and I am struggling with binge eating. I will be really good for days and then eat one bad thing and say "oh I've blown it now" so continue to pig out for days! I like the idea with fasting that I don't have to 'diet' every day. I'm thinking of fasting on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'm not going to fast at weekends as I like being able to enjoy nice family meals then. Is anyone else new to this? Could do with a diet buddy for some support! Thanks for reading xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Mandy6587

Mandy6587 Member

Hey, I am starting Monday too, I am looking at doing fast one day then normal the next, but try to cut my carbs down a bit! I was originally going to go for a food replacement diet, but my job is just too strenuous I would end up passing out at work!
    I am looking to loose about 3 stone, I need to feel confident again, after getting pregnant I piled the weight on I just want to be myself again :)

4. Dietninja

Dietninja Loves cake!

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    Any and every...currently Exante
    Hi! I'm in my first week. First fast day was fine....much easier than I expected, so good luck with yours! I am finding it hard to eat healthily on non-fast days thugh, mainly because I'm not used to having freedom to eat anything - I've always either been on a diet or feeling guilty...

Are you planning on counting calories on non fast days? I am for the moment, sticking to around 2000 cals.

5. Mandy6587

Mandy6587 Member

I know for me personally I was going to use my fitness pal to make sure on my days off I don't go over 2000 cals I am also going to start 30 day shred once or twice a week! I would love to start running but I am so unfit I need to build myself up a bit.

6. Dietninja

Dietninja Loves cake!

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    30 day shred is a great place to start. Fab dvd. Good luck!

7. Blu

Blu Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,
    Thanks for your replies. I'm actually really looking forward to fasting on Monday, been over indulging too much at the mo and feel rubbish. I use my fitness pal and my fitbit and plan on sticking to 2000 on non fast days. I will also find it hard but I think long term this could be a good plan.

8. Dietninja

Dietninja Loves cake!

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    How did the first fast day go?

9. Blu

Blu Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Really well thanks! Hungry now but off to bed now to dream about my brekkie! I've just subscribed to your diary x