Newbie starting vlcd this morning :)

Hi everyone :)

I've been reading posts on here for a while, and have finally registered!

I did Cambridge diet about 5years ago with great success (lost4 stone) and then had a baby, and a really tough few yearsand here I am back almost where I started! :( I've toyed with slimming world, rosemary Conley, ww, and lost a few pounds here and there, but have been itching to get back to a vlcd. Before I was pregnant I was 10stone 6, and within a month of having my daughter I was back to pre-pregnancy weight, so it wasn't the pregnancy that made me gain weight, it was being a mum I guess. I hadn't planned to have a baby and the circumstances were really really tough, and I'm a single mum. So, over the last 3 years I have gained 5 stone :(

So, ive bitten the bullet and bought some samples from slim and save, and will also get some from exante I think, and then will get a bulk amount. I've woken up this morning ready to go for it, and am trying to prepare myself for the next few days. I'm desperate to have some photos done of me and my daughter together; I feel terrible that I don't have any from over the last 2 years :( I have LOADS of her, but none of us together.

I'm so desperate to do this. My weight seems to controls every aspect of my life, and I'm fed up of it. I want to take my daughter swimming (I was a county swimmer 10 years ago!) I want to wear some summer clothes rather that sweating in long jeans and cardigans, I want to be able to smile in front of a camera...and I want to learn how to walk without having my arm across my tummy. I've no idea when that started, but I just can't stop myself now.

This forum is amazing. I love reading and seeing how you all support each other so well and care about each other. I'm so pleased to have found you all :)

Jen x

Hi Jen,
I couldn't help but notice some similarities between us, my little girl is 2 and I also got bigger AFTER having her, I'd love photos of us together but I hide whenever the camera is around. It's sad really. In March I found myself at 15 stone and decided enough was enough. I started calorie counting and lost 18lbs in the 9 weeks since then...then I got impatient :D and I decided to do my first VLCD before I lost all this motivation I have at the minute. So I ordered a 4 week supply of slim and save and started on Tuesday weighing 13.10. So far so good!
What I really wanted to say is good luck whichever diet you choose. You'll get plenty of support on here if you need it.
Laura x

Thanks Laura,

Sounds like you're doing well :) it does sound like we have some similarities doesn't it! I'm already feeling quite positive having had my first shake, even though it was a bit bleugh! I bought the banana as that was my rave on cd....but this was nowhere near as nice, and waaaay too sweet. How are you finding the shakes and meals etc? I'm going to try the cottage pie for lunch. I also have some rosemary Conley packs which I'm wondering about using up. They are very low calorie, but need to find out about how they might affect ketosis. Do you by any chance know how I can work it out?

Thanks for replying :) jen x

Luckily I've liked all of the ones I've tried so far. I jumped straight in with ordering a months supply without sampling first, Eek, so I just went for flavours and meals I'd like in the real world and that seems to have worked. I've got no idea re RC packs, it'd be based on the carb content but wouldn't like to say. Maybe ask in the RC section on here and general weight loss discussion in the hope someone can help you x

Back