Induction Newbie struggling to find things to eat??

ransom-x

Right well basically I'm new to Atkins and low carb always either followed slimming world or calories counting where I could eat whatever I wanted pretty much as long as a did so in the correct quantities...
For lunch I'm cooking a load of white fish but don't know what to have with it?? Like if I was still on slimming works I woulda had like a load of veggies or On calories counting may have had some micro fries but dont really know what to have with it as an accompaniment or mane just eat enough so it fills me on its own?? May be boring though haha

U can have a cupful of salad greens or green veg, toms mushrooms peppers r o.k too
Spend some time reading through the posts they r very informative x

I went for some cheese in the end?? Im saving my veggies for tea but I can't eat as much of them as others as I cant drink water I HAVE to drink the no sugar squash takes up about 1/4 of my carb allowance

Mushrooms contain almost zero carbs, you can eat loads. Likewise you will never have a problem eating as much lettuce, spinach, cucumber etc as you want. If it's a green leafy veg you have to eat a huge amount to get to 15g.

Tomato, pepper etc are quite carby so those you'll need to limit and count but you'll be fine eating just about as much green veg as you want. Add a sprinkle of cheese and some mayo.

It's really not a diet where you have to eat boring food. If you have an app like my fitness pal you can input your food and plan your days eating that way.

Definitely recommend you up your veggies - that's a really key part of the programme. Also if you are really using 1/4 alloawance on sf drinks then i would expect you may stall very shortly:eek: sweeteners are notorius for stalling so you really need to find an alternative - i recommend water:D

There's plenty sugar free drinks that have zero carbs in them. Okay granted some have citric acid but depends how you feel about that.

You need to eat your veg allowance, more is good. Cheese is great, bacon, chicken, any meat infant. You don't need to be short of things to eat.
I like the ham egg cups, cheeseburger pie, chicken stuffed with cheese, low carb sausages, ham and cheese, gammon, or just plain cooked chicken for lunch. Usually I fry some mushrooms and paper thin slices of peppers I with them. Oh you can eat omelets and scrambled eggs too, the list is endless Never feel bored or restricted hun, this is a plenty food diet.

Hi and welcome great advise from the others I'm re starting again and also find it hard the first week as we are so used to grabbing carbs for that quick fix

Give it a week and the cravings will go away

I keep hard boiled eggs, chicken, and cheese in the fridge for emergencies

My sweet tooth it sorted with sf jelly and cream but I wouldn't recomment this too soon or a lot as it can stall you

Back