*Newbie* Syn free snacks that fill you up

Aero-nerd

So i am new to the Slimming world diet, and my biggest problem is snacking.

so any suggestions on what should be eating, what i can snack on and things to avoid like the plague would be truly and greatly appreciated.

Thanks xx

Hi,

Try snacking on fruit or veggies, some of the mug shots are syn free :) I like the sweet and sour one at the moment :) they keep me going between meals too. I sometimes find drinking plenty of water fills me enough between meals.

You could always add free yogurts to your fruits so it feels like your having more :)

Hope that helps and good luck with your weight loss! I'm sure someone else will have more and better ideas than me though :)

xxx

I am a grazer and get through a lot of apples. I am having a fried egg mid morning (cooked in fry light) as I don't have time to cook it before the school run and this fills me up nicely. I get the munches mid afternoon and use some of my healthy extras then ( have Lots as I am breastfeeding) but even on 2 per day I used to have half an extra b on a slice of toast and banana at this stage in the day. Also tend to have a fat free yogurt too. Should aim to mainly go for the super free so also I have salad and other fruit and try to go for this first. As you can see from my signature my losses haven't been that fantastic doing all this on top of my meals but have also had some bad synful days to add to the mix and have usually lost something.

crab sticks, thin slices of ham,
i cut a melon up and put it in tubs in the fridge
i have fruit
muller light yogurst
or i make an omlette as they r quick and free i usually put spring onion or red onion in toms and mushrooms
thats it really for me anyway

For me I mostly just eat fruit and syn free yogurts, like muller light and weight watchers yogurts. Or if I've any healthy extras to have ill eat those, like I just had an alpen light and a babybell, and will have the others tonight as I usually get peckish around 8pm lol

I love the hifi light bars, I get the chocolate and caramel ones, they are 3 syns each or you can have 2 of them using a healthy extra. I like a mini milk (1.5) or grapes which are free

I try to snack on fruit and super free veggies like pepper strips etc but if I'm honest I find it's best if I munch on lean protein. Fills me up better. I'm hungry again an he after an apple! I tend to grab a slice of ham beef turkey (sliced deli type stuff) crab sticks, hard boiled eggs, baby bell lights are 3 as a HexA and disgusting woman that I am......jars of cockles lol. A few slices of cucumber, onion and radish in a dish with a splash of vinegar is nice for picking at.

Try making your snacks special. A few slices of melon wrapped in smoked ham, a lettuce leaf 'wrap' with cottage cheese and chopped spring onion. Oven roast some cherry tomatoes peppers shallots etc with garlic rosemary and balsamic, then roughly blitz for a quick dip to dunk your crudités. Fresh mango salsa with cold leftover chicken. If you take a bit of time and effort over the snacks you'll enjoy them more. I struggle with mindlessly grabbing an item and gobbling it down without really registering that I've eaten it!!!

Have fruit and low-fat yogurts. On an original day ham or crab sticks do it for me! Or even some low-fat cottage cheese!
Or you could make some sugar-free jelly which has only 0.5 syns per serving and fill it with fruit or make it up with yogurt so that it's more filling!

I like those Rice Time pots, I was told the sweet and sour one is free on extra easy but when looking on the SW app it's 1 1/2 can anyone clear this up?

I have, apples, melon, yoghurt and lean cooked meats, I snack a lot in the evenings so this really helps me :)

I like those Rice Time pots, I was told the sweet and sour one is free on extra easy but when looking on the SW app it's 1 1/2 can anyone clear this up?

A few weeks ago a girl in my group discovered the Uncle Bens rice time was on the app twice with different values. The regional manager was at our meeting when we discussed it and she said she would feed it back.

There are some updated values on the Slimming world website under the Food directory update page. These pots don't seem to be a low sun option any more :sigh:

Rice Time, Sweet & Sour, 300g pack, ambient- rice pot 1.5 syns on EE and Green 12.5 syns on Red
Sauce pot 7 syns on all plans

HTH

Back