Newbie to Exante Total Solution....

Bermummy

....after losing lots with Lighter Life in 2014 but sadly putting around 50% of it (2 stone) back on over 2 years. Time to take it in hand.

Thought I would try something similar but new and Exante look to have a great range. Packs should arrive today. Any tips appreciated!

Hi Berummy!

I haven't done lighter life before but i'm back on Exante to lose a bit of weight after having had success about 6 years ago. My only advice would be to stick with it - the first few days are tough, but for me once I find that one i'm in the zone, it gets easier. After about 5-6 days my energy levels have increased and i feel a lot better than i did in the first couple of days!

Good luck!!

Laura :)

Hi Berummy!

I haven't done lighter life before but i'm back on Exante to lose a bit of weight after having had success about 6 years ago. My only advice would be to stick with it - the first few days are tough, but for me once I find that one i'm in the zone, it gets easier. After about 5-6 days my energy levels have increased and i feel a lot better than i did in the first couple of days!

Good luck!!

Laura :)
Thanks for the support - so far so good - day 1 down! The main difference for me between Lighter Life and Exante is that on LL it's four packs a day but only three on Exante. On LL I was in a groove of a pack at 8 am, 12 pm, 4 pm and 8 pm - now wondering how to make that work with only three on Exante. Any tips on spreading the packs out throughout the day - eg do people split the shake packs to make them into two drinks to have a few hours apart? I kind of like to have at least something three times a day and then a snack mid-afternoon....

Thanks for the support - so far so good - day 1 down! The main difference for me between Lighter Life and Exante is that on LL it's four packs a day but only three on Exante. On LL I was in a groove of a pack at 8 am, 12 pm, 4 pm and 8 pm - now wondering how to make that work with only three on Exante. Any tips on spreading the packs out throughout the day - eg do people split the shake packs to make them into two drinks to have a few hours apart? I kind of like to have at least something three times a day and then a snack mid-afternoon....

I guess everyone is different. I am generally not a great eater in the morning - I have never really enjoyed breakfast, which i guess is part of the problem of me being overweight!! So i tend to have a shake around 10/11am, even though i will be up around 7am most days. Then i just keep guzzling water - I have no problem with the water as i prefer water to soft drinks and stuff. Then i have either a shake or a bar around 3-4pm, then i'll have a shake a bar or porridge around 8pm. The key for me is to keep drinking water to feel full.

I'm not a fan of the meals from Exante so i stick to shakes, bars and porridge. It can get a bit boring at times - hence the fact that i get cravings for savoury snacks - so far i have managed to resist!!

I'm sure once you've been at it for a few days you'll find a way that works for you. As you asked - yes, sometimes I'll split the bar and have half later.

How has today been for you? :)

I guess everyone is different. I am generally not a great eater in the morning - I have never really enjoyed breakfast, which i guess is part of the problem of me being overweight!! So i tend to have a shake around 10/11am, even though i will be up around 7am most days. Then i just keep guzzling water - I have no problem with the water as i prefer water to soft drinks and stuff. Then i have either a shake or a bar around 3-4pm, then i'll have a shake a bar or porridge around 8pm. The key for me is to keep drinking water to feel full.

I'm not a fan of the meals from Exante so i stick to shakes, bars and porridge. It can get a bit boring at times - hence the fact that i get cravings for savoury snacks - so far i have managed to resist!!

I'm sure once you've been at it for a few days you'll find a way that works for you. As you asked - yes, sometimes I'll split the bar and have half later.

How has today been for you? :)
Ah thanks for the tips - each to their own I guess - you are right! I split the shake into two today, had a LL soup and a Exante bar - definitely like the variety of flavours - so a good day 2 I think! I think if I can get through the weekend ketosis will kick in around the time I get back to work and so things should be easier. How have you been getting on?

I agree - definitely easier when working to stick to it! I find that its when i have free time i want to pick and thats when everyone invites you out for dinner!! The weekends are more challenging for me too. Well done for sticking with it!

Have a great day! :)

I agree - definitely easier when working to stick to it! I find that its when i have free time i want to pick and thats when everyone invites you out for dinner!! The weekends are more challenging for me too. Well done for sticking with it!

Have a great day! :)
OK so the scales may be tricking me but I appear to have lost 6 pounds in 4 days - beyond pleased! - and definitely helping me get through the first weekend!

31.8.17 - 10st 11
Mini-target - by 8.9.17 to be 10 st 7
3.9.17 - 10 st 5 (less 6 pounds and smashed mini-target!)

That's ace!

I weigh in tomorrow - Hopefully I'll have at least 4 llbs off and that will mean a stone off in 2 weeks!!

Fingers crossed.

It's a real incentive to keep going when you get a good weigh in!

Good luck for the week ahead.

That's ace!

I weigh in tomorrow - Hopefully I'll have at least 4 llbs off and that will mean a stone off in 2 weeks!!

Fingers crossed.

It's a real incentive to keep going when you get a good weigh in!

Good luck for the week ahead.
Good luck tomorrow - a stone in 2 weeks would be amazing but the fact that you are even close to that is amazing and inspiring - fingers crossed!

Am so pleased with Exante!

Have dropped 9 pounds in the first 10 days and now I have got well into the groove of 3 packs a day not 4 as with LL. Really like the variety on Exante. Have set a new mini-target for the next week to keep me on track.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Xxx

31/8 - 10 st 11
3/9 - 10 st 5
9/9 - 10 st 2
16/9 - 10 st

Am so pleased with Exante!

Have dropped 9 pounds in the first 10 days and now I have got well into the groove of 3 packs a day not 4 as with LL. Really like the variety on Exante. Have set a new mini-target for the next week to keep me on track.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Xxx

31/8 - 10 st 11
3/9 - 10 st 5
9/9 - 10 st 2
16/9 - 10 st

Well done that's great!!

Hello, I started this journey, I did ok on Lipotrim in 2008 but sadly gained the weight. I seem to have lost 7lb in 5 days so this has kept me motivated. Find the weekends hard but fingers crossed I will be fine. You are all doing so well!

Hello, I started this journey, I did ok on Lipotrim in 2008 but sadly gained the weight. I seem to have lost 7lb in 5 days so this has kept me motivated. Find the weekends hard but fingers crossed I will be fine. You are all doing so well!

I am finding the variety on Exante really helps - had the fajita and chocolate pudding this week and amazingly yum! Not weighing till Sat in the hope of a good result. Hope everyone doing well!

So pleased - now down 11 pounds in 2.5 weeks - holiday weight now gone, just one more bonus stone to shift! Exante working v well for me. Hope everyone else having a good week! xx

Well done - a great result!
Hope everyone is doing well! 12 pounds now gone in 3 weeks which I am very pleased with. Now in my first food week which is good as I was losing motivation a bit - did enjoy my first 200 calorie dinner with hubby last night - found some awesome recipes in Mimi Spencer's 5:2 recipe book. Next weigh in Saturday! Hope u are all well ;).

Well done on your weight loss...brilliant x

I have tried all of the VLCD and I like different things on each...I tend to swap and change. Cambridge and Lighter Life are my favourites but Slim and Save and Exante are cheaper.

xx

Back