Green Days Newbie to Slimming World and Minimins.com

Calisi

Hi Everyone, I'm completely new to all of this, so I hope I'm posting in the right place ! :p
I started Slimming World one week ago, I believe I was doing ok but I've let myself down the last couple of days :(
I do struggle to keep myself motivated sometimes, any tips ?? I thought maybe this site, with the support of others could help me. I have two stone to lose (even to lose one stone would be amazing). My goal is for my 30th Birthday next year, I really want to feel my best. I've spent most of my twentys feeling unhappy with myself and my weight, so this really is a big thing for me. Anyway, enough about me :rolleyes: Any support and advice, or just general chit chat would be very much appreciated, Thank you :p

Hi. I have started slimming world again at home this week. I have weighed myself but don't seem to have lost anything. I always follow green days as I'm veggie. I have roughly ten syns per day. Just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I made a free shepherds pie last night for tea. It's meant to feed four but I had half of it and plan to have the other half today. As its free, I didn't think having half of it was a problem. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Kathyr, thanks for the message, it's great to hear from someone, and a fellow veggie :p
I'm also doing Slimming World from home. I tried the groups, but I was getting to stressed about being weighed by someone I didn't know.
I would agree with you on the shepards pie, as it's free I would have thought you can have as much as you like. Do you have any veg or salad with it ?

Hi. I have veg with it for an evening meal but I tend to have it on its own at lunchtime.

Maybe just try to fill up on the veg or salad first, but I think that sounds like a good healthy meal :)

Ok, thanks. I must admit I am still trying to get my head around the idea of big portions of things like pasta, yet still be able to lose weight. It's hard for me because I never seem to lose anything but if and when I do I might find it easier to believe. I must admit, I've never stuck with it long before so will have to stick with it for longer I think.

Hello there, I'm a vegan doing SW, just reading your comments. You can eat as much free food as you like but it won't make you lose weight but it won't make you put on weight either, you need to eat super speed food with it. For example with you shepherd's pie add plenty of veg on the side or replace some of your pie with it. The more speed food you eat the quicker you lose weight. I made list of all the speed food, I keep it to hand and I try and include some in every meal

I've never been good at sticking to diets either Katyr. I'm hoping I can with this one though, with the right support. I've had a bad couple of days, but I'm going to draw a line in the sand and move on. It's only been a week so I'm still finding my feet. Chocolate is a real problem for me, once I start I can't stop ! Any ideas how to concur this... do you think I should just give it up all together ?
Thank you for your comments Tace. I don't know much about the super speed foods, should I be having some with every meal then ? Is super speed just veg, salad and fruit ?

The plan works better if you do have speed foods in every meal. Not all fruit and veg are speed foods, are you going to group? If so in your book is a list of speed foods for each plan, I'm sure if you're doing it online they'll have a list too. But if you're going solo I found this
super speed food complete list | tryingtobetheperfecthousewife
hopefully it will help :)

Thank you for the link ! :) I'm going to print this out and have a good read of it.
I went to group a while ago, so I have all my books and things, but now I'm going alone.

Back