Newbie to the WW forum-moved from SW

kaynnate19

Hi,

I've moved over here from the Slimming World forums :wavey:I was doing ww earlier on in the year and its the fourth time back on ww :eek: i went back to sw in the summer after ww stopped working for me and i needed a change but in the end being back on sw brought out my binge eating big time and having bipolar and going through a really rough patch didnt help, so now that im feeling a bit stronger i've decided to come back to ww but this time im doing it online as going to group and wi i found it to be too stressfull. I find weight loss really hard anyway because of different health problems and becaue of my bipolar meds.

Im having my wi's on a friday so that i can have some treats at the weekend and then ive got all week to be good;). So I'm raring to get back into the ww's plan, i just hope my bipolar carrys on on the right path.

So hello to everyone :) thanks for reading.

Hi Kaynnate19,
Welcome to ww:)

Seems to be quite a few people moving over from sw recently so your not alone. I'm one of those people that seem to go back and forth the two plans but never really get anywhere because of it. Hoping to change that though this week and just stick to ww with a few simply filling days a week to stop me obsessing over pp (I have ocd).

Good luck with journey,
Dan x

Dan8317 said:
Hi Kaynnate19,
Welcome to ww:)

Seems to be quite a few people moving over from sw recently so your not alone. I'm one of those people that seem to go back and forth the two plans but never really get anywhere because of it. Hoping to change that though this week and just stick to ww with a few simply filling days a week to stop me obsessing over pp (I have ocd).

Good luck with journey,
Dan x

I find it so frustrating going back and forth but I'm hoping this time will be my last time switching! I'm tracking better this time. That's a good idea, I might try a simply filling day one day :)

Thanks for the reply and good luck with your journey too x

Hi there! I'm new to the forum too. Trying ww again but really struggling for motivation at the minute. I'm starting from scratch on Thursday as it's dh's birthday tomorrow.

Good luck to both of you, I'm sure we can do it!! xx

Yea we CAN do it! I've got just under a year to loose my weight, I'm going on holiday at the end of August...it's getting closer!

Morning!
i too was on SW i joined SW in feb and lost over a stone BUT then it jus stopped working and i couldnt get back into it after the time off i had! i felt as though i was eating to much coz i dnt think SW teaches u anything about portion control!
i joined WW 4 weeks ago with a friend and had my 4th weigh in last night and have lost ten pounds now..the weight seems to come off faster on SW but i dnt understand how! i am enjoyin WW much more than i ever enjoyed SW, i no i am eating the right amount of food and i enjoyin weighin all my food out! i like that everything has a points value and i sometimes think mmm is that chocolate bar worth it coz i could have 2 ww sausages for that lol so i am really enjoyin it and the wieght is slowly coming off!
Welcome and good luck on ur journey were all here to help!
xxxxxx

SammieAnn87 said:
Morning!
i too was on SW i joined SW in feb and lost over a stone BUT then it jus stopped working and i couldnt get back into it after the time off i had! i felt as though i was eating to much coz i dnt think SW teaches u anything about portion control!
i joined WW 4 weeks ago with a friend and had my 4th weigh in last night and have lost ten pounds now..the weight seems to come off faster on SW but i dnt understand how! i am enjoyin WW much more than i ever enjoyed SW, i no i am eating the right amount of food and i enjoyin weighin all my food out! i like that everything has a points value and i sometimes think mmm is that chocolate bar worth it coz i could have 2 ww sausages for that lol so i am really enjoyin it and the wieght is slowly coming off!
Welcome and good luck on ur journey were all here to help!
xxxxxx

I found with SW that it never taught me about portion control, whereas with ww I find I'm doing my own portion control :) and I started Tuesday and as I wanted to wi on a Friday I only had 3 days until I wi today and I lost 1lb so I'm well happy!

eeeekkkkk look at all us going over to the dark side!! but really its the bright side haha!
yep good luck girlies we will do this xxx

SammieAnn87 said:
weldone thats brilliant!
so u doin ww on line?
how u finding it xxx

Yup I joined Tuesday, I'm finding it really good so far and today's wi was not stressful at all and there's loads of stuff on the website and I use the app to track. x

SammieAnn87 said:
eeeekkkkk look at all us going over to the dark side!! but really its the bright side haha!
yep good luck girlies we will do this xxx

Definitely the bright side! x

jo-85 said:
Hi :wavey: I'm also a ww convertee from sw and also I'm finding it much better fits into my lifestyle much better. Good luck I look forward to sharing your journey x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Me too you can be 'normal' on it.

Thank you and good luck to you too! We can do it! x

i havent got an iphone got a stupid blackberry n it does my head in gggrrrr!
well good luck girlies!
my mum n me ordered my weddin dress last saturday and they ordered it in my measurements now but they said they can adjust it by takin it in at the side so i am dying to have lost 2 dress sizes by the time my dress comes in so i can really see a difference when they pin it when im wearing it i will b so proud of my self lol!
i jus hope it still looks as gawjus smaller (im sure it will its my princess dress lol!!)
xxx

Good luck on your weight loss....I'm a former sw and I love ww :eek:) xx

Noooo boo to sw lol xx

Anyone needs to find the right eating plan that suits them, as an individual. It's a shame some people think SW is better than WW or vice versa. (I am NOT meaning anyone here so please don't take offence!!). The bottom line is we are all trying to lose weight because we've eaten too much junk and/or not exercised enough. Regardless what slimming club/eating plan you follow, it's about moderating what you eat and exercising(I don't do much of the latter I have to say)!!! I personally love WW-I am never hungry but I have days where I seriously could eat my legs!! Not sure if that's just me but I do have the odd occasion where I am hungrier than others. I'm trying to re-educate myself that on those days, I eat fruit and/or 0 point soup.

I just think with WW, you can eat anything in moderation-SW didn't work for me because my portion control was dreadful. I'm also finding things do get easier the longer you get into the eating plan. Yeah, I've had the occasional gain but instead of having that "failed" thing, I've just got focussed into losing more for the following week. I also truly believe that there is that mental thing of "being in the zone". You really have to be positive and believe in yourself that you can lose weight and that the weight is not going to fall off immediately. It's also not always a straightforward path of consistently losing every week. I'm sure target members would say they've had gains, STS etc but they just kept focussing on the end and lifelong goal. Good luck to everyone-sincerely!!!xxxx

Tayberry said:
Anyone needs to find the right eating plan that suits them, as an individual. It's a shame some people think SW is better than WW or vice versa. (I am NOT meaning anyone here so please don't take offence!!). The bottom line is we are all trying to lose weight because we've eaten too much junk and/or not exercised enough. Regardless what slimming club/eating plan you follow, it's about moderating what you eat and exercising(I don't do much of the latter I have to say)!!! I personally love WW-I am never hungry but I have days where I seriously could eat my legs!! Not sure if that's just me but I do have the odd occasion where I am hungrier than others. I'm trying to re-educate myself that on those days, I eat fruit and/or 0 point soup.

I just think with WW, you can eat anything in moderation-SW didn't work for me because my portion control was dreadful. I'm also finding things do get easier the longer you get into the eating plan. Yeah, I've had the occasional gain but instead of having that "failed" thing, I've just got focussed into losing more for the following week. I also truly believe that there is that mental thing of "being in the zone". You really have to be positive and believe in yourself that you can lose weight and that the weight is not going to fall off immediately. It's also not always a straightforward path of consistently losing every week. I'm sure target members would say they've had gains, STS etc but they just kept focussing on the end and lifelong goal. Good luck to everyone-sincerely!!!xxxx

Thanks everyone for replying, there seems to be a lot of us on here!

I initially gained my weight because of my pregnancy, I also had gestational diabetes that went undetected til late on in my pregnancy and due to having a lot of trauma I was comfort eating too which is something I had never done before my pregnancy. Before having my son I was a size 6-8 an never went over 8st3lbs (I'm 5'7) and if I was having a rough patch with the bipolar I wouldn't eat a lot, however if I was happy I'd eat loads...i could eat what i wanted, how i wanted, when i wanted so whether my eating patterns initially stemmed from then I don't know?? I spose what I'm trying to say is that mine wasn't entirely down to my eating patterns.

Either way it's still blooming stressful lol

x

Back