Newbie to website. No stranger to a diet!

cherylliane

Hello everyone.

I've just joined this website today, as I have now ventured on my new healthy plan! I really struggle with my weight loss so thought that joining something like this will inspire me to keep going!

I started slimming world and really do love the plan but I just keep failing on my cravings for all things sweet and bad for you!
I really do need to lose quite a bit of weight not only for my health but for my wedding in the next couple of years... the fact that I HATE not having a nice wardrobe and being able to buy all those nice clothes you see in the shops!

There seems to be alot of very inspirational people on here and I hope to meet them and call them my weight loss buddies!

Come say Hi :)

Hi Cheryl

Elaine here. SW is great - it worked for me 10 years ago and I lost 21lbs in 14 weeks - darn near perfect. I have just joined again - but although the eating plan is great - very healthy - it has allowed me to eat too often and too much - admitedly the 'right' things but then I want to go on and eat the wrong things. I am just about to start a VLCD and while drinking my replacement meal - quietly on my own - I will remind myself gently that I am doing it this way because I do like to stuff my face - something that SW encouraged - even though it was healthily. Hope this makes sense - sorry for blabbing on. X

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for your reply! I have to honest and say I'm being naive because I have no idea what VLCD is??

I have to agree with you on that one thought.... slimming world does encourag you to eat eat eat! I mean I never ever thought that potatoes etc could be eaten like they were going out fashion if you wanted to. I was always told that carbs were bad!!

Slimming world did work for me too. I lost nearly 2 stone in about 3 months which I was happy with.. but then came xmas and I but it all back on.
I was torn between slimming world and the new Weight Watchers plan. But have to say I don't know too much about that one

I wish you all the luck with your new diet.. :D

Back