Newbie!! :) Well, sort of...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Marie_D, 22 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

:sign0144:

Hello people! :)

I hope you don't mind, but I have invited myself over to join you all with SW :D:p

Ok, a bit about me.....

I joined Minimins just over 2 years ago weighing in at about 11st 10lb. I have been on and off WW so many times in that time, and now weigh....wait for it....14st 7lb!!! :cry:

I think part of my problem might (MIGHT!) be that I'm bored of WW...I know it inside out and as soon as I start it I'm back to eating the exact same thing all the time - I've been doing that on and off for as long as I can remember, so thought that maybe, just maybe, a change of diet will stir up a bit of enthusiasm and might be just what I need!!!

So, here I am :D

I already know Starlight, who did in fact have a bit to do with my decision to try SW (so thanks Sandy ;)) and I also have a very good friend who swears by SW. She's always done it and always has good losses on it, so I thought "why the hell not" and decided to try it out for myself.

I'm sure I am going to be REALLY annoying for a while, so I'm really sorry about that, please bare with me :rolleyes:. Once I've got the hang of it, I'm hoping I'll be ok, then I can stop bothering you all with annoying repetitive questions...possibly, haha.

I'm not going to meetings, I am just going to read through all the books etc and do it on my own at home (with the help of some of you, I hope :innocent0001:). I will have my books on Wednesday (or at least that's the plan) so until then I will be doing a lot of asking questions - so apologies in advance!

A bit about me (for those of you who are still awake and still reading, haha).....I am 26 years old, mother of one beautiful little girl - she's 3, and I live with her and my partner of 5 and a half years. I would love to have another baby, but I neeeeed to lose this weight first, because it effects me so badly. In the 3 years of my daughters life, I have not once taken her swimming.....how bad is that!! All because I don't want people to see me in my swimming costume :ashamed0005:. I've actually reached the point where I can't play or run about with her for very long either, even a walk round the zoo is now seriously hard work!...so I really want to shift some of this weight before I have another baby - then I can feel great AND be the best mum I can possibly be :D or at least that's the plan, haha.

I used to love nothing more than going out with my friends, drinking and dancing and having a laugh, but now, a night out is one of my worst nightmares! Getting ready, trying to find something to squeeze into, going out in a big group and being 'the big one', not being able to dance for as long as I want to because I'm too fat/hot and sweating like a pig!! Nooo, not my idea of fun anymore I'm afraid, not as this size.

And don't even get me started on the other half seeing me naked :eek: that is a no no! (Too much information? lol).

So, I need to lose 4st, so I can run around with my little girl, go swimming, enjoy clothes shopping and get back to enjoying the social life that I used to love so much! And ya never know, I might even let the other half see me in my undies at the end of it too :giggle:

Anyway, apologies for the long and boring post :blahblah:. If anyone has actually read all that then you deserve a medal!! One thing you'll quickly learn about me is that I tend to go on a bit, so I should probably apologise for that in advance as well :eek:.

Looking forward to getting to know you all, and here's hoping SW really works for me!! :cross: I want a slim Xmas this year!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. madhousemum

madhousemum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hello marie welcome to the group. wow when do i get my medal i read the lot lol. well i thought only a tfr diet would only work for me until i thought what the hell it has to be worth a try and worth it so i can eat and in the first week i lost a hugh 5lb so yeah i am sure it will work for you without a doubt. 3 year old such a lovely age one of mine ( 1 of 5 lol) turned 4 last wed.

you say sorry way too many times in ya post hun thats what the group is ere for all to help the newbies and surport and ideas for everyone. welcome and look forward to getting to know you more on the boards xxxxxxxx

4. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Thank you :) And wow - you deserve TWO medals!!!....you read all that AND you have 5 kids!!!?? Deffo worth two medals if you ask me, lol! x

5. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Make that 4 medals!...another one for the weight you lost on your VLCD's and another for the 5lb on SW!! Well done you!!

And I just noticed you're another one from Hampshire - definitely the place where the best people live....heehee

6. henna!

henna! I can do this............

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(17.09%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi marie

Welcome to the sw section, i loved reading your post and getting to know you a bit! Dont worry about asking questions we all do it! Im sure you will enjoy slimming world i joined 9 weeks ago and i am really pleased with where i am at on my journey so far. I find it really easy to fit in to family life. I have one daughter who would love me to take her swimming but like you i cant bear it! I am hoping to be able to do it in the summer holidays!

Anyway listen to me rabbiting on!! lol! Good luck on your journey and dont be afraid to ask everyone is really nice on here and we help each other along!

7. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello Marie,

Welcome to SW! There is quite a few people who come over to SW from WW and are doing well. You might find that you still point everything you eat, but you'll soon snap out of it! Anyways, give read to the thread about SW for newbies, it's a sticky. Any questions let me know.

All the best hun,

Natt xxx

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  9. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hello and welcome:D

I am Emma, 29 2 children boy 7 girl 4 married nearly 9 years (august):D

I started cambridge in Dec then have moved over to SW this week

I hear you on the weight, 3 years ago I was 12 stone and really fed up, then Dec 08 14st 8lb:eek:, but I am the other side now, 11st 6lb (weigh in tomorrow:)) only way is down from now on

you can do it x

10. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Rabbiting on?! You rabbit away love!! Lol

It's not nice being able to take your child swimming is it :(. It's silly really and I do get really angry at myself for letting my weight stop me doing it....but I just can't bring myself to put on a costume and make that walk from the changing rooms to the pool....I'd be crying like a baby before I even got in the water, hahaha. I'd like to think I'll go when I'm a couple of stone down though....in fact I might make it my 'half way treat'....when I'm 12st 7lb I'll treat myself to a new costume and start taking my little one swimming - it's a deal!....a deal with myself, which is a tad sad I know, but hey, anything that might help is good enough for me, haha.

11. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Marie, welcome to the sw section, its fab here, i could not manage without all you guys everyone is really supportive

12. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Hi Natt :)

I actually had a read of that sticky last night - it's an amazing thread!! I'm sure lots of people have already said it, but thank you so much for taking the time to write that - it actually had a lot to do with me making the final decision to give SW a go, it made it all seem a little less complicated (you have no idea just how scared I was of trying to learn a new diet...your sticky thread really helped!).

You'll probably regret telling me to ask you if I have any questions....adding you as my main contact as we speak....lol - just kidding, I wouldn't do that to you, haha.

Thanks again :)

13. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Heehee - I reckon you'll have the rest of the WW lot over here soon - I've already recognised a couple of faces and I've only been here 5 minutes, haha.

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  15. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Hi Emma :)

I hope you're right - I hope I can do it! Everyone seems really friendly over here, which I think helps - I've already wasted over an hour sat reading and writing posts on here, usually I'd have spent that time eating! Hahaha - Minimins helps me a lot when I use it a lot - keeps my mind occupied and my mouth shut, so really helps that you're all so lovely :)

You've done brilliantly to have lost the weight you have already - well done to you! Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow - I'll be looking out for your update tomorrow so I can see how much you've lost ;)

x

16. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Thank you - and you're right, I can already see that this section is friendly and super helpful!! Makes all the difference I think :)

17. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Erm...and what exactly do you mean by that Miss Sandy Starlight?! Lol

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Marie,

I understand perfectly where you are coming from, I too was with WW for 3 years, I lost about 1½sts and then the weight would start to creep back and then I would lose it again, but I wasn't getting anywhere - so I decided to give SW a go, I am doing it alone at home and I found the diet quite complicated to start off with.

Then quite by chance I found this web site and I was welcomed here and I have had nothing but help and advise for the last month - I have lost almost a stone in that month and I am a converted SW dieter I shall never go back to WW's again, I think like you that I just got fed of the WW diet but because I knew nothing else I kept going with it and got stuck in a rut.

I have nothing but praise and admiration for the people on this forum, they have lost vast amounts of weight and are still keeping it off, I am so grateful that I found this forum, so welcome to you, come and join us and you could lose a stone (or more) in a month too.

Good luck with your SW journey.

20. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Wow, now there's an advert for SW (and for Minimins!) if I've ever seen one!

It is easy to stuck in a rut with a diet and I do think that when you're doing the same thing for a long time (and not getting anywhere with it) you do start to lose heart. You moving over to SW and losing nearly a stone in one month is proof of that!! Well done to you!!! I'll be a very happy lady if I do as well as you, that's for sure!

Thank you for the lovely welcome :)

21. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    My pleasure, good luck. X

22. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello Marie and welcome!!!

I'm also an ex-WWer. I really loved the WW plan and its flexibility, however, after losing 4 stone, I just found that I knew how to do 'points' too well. I was a walking points dictionary!
    I dabbled with WW for a couple of years off and on, not shifting anything....gradually gaining. I was so complacent with points that I'd do it for 3 days then fall off the wagon big style, and just say to myself 'oh it's ok, I'll start again next week'

I stopped doing any dieting whatsoever when I met my fab fella. 2 years and 2 stone gained and I needed to do something about it. Rather than go back to WW I decided I needed a new challenge...something new to get my head around and really get stuck into.

Now I can safely say that I love SW! The ease of eating all the free food and not too much counting is so fab. I've lost over a stone - and that's not been a quick/easy journey...but I'm delighted with it. I am one of the slower losers here, but I don't think I'd ever go back to WW. I feel like SW is much more sustainable long term and I feel like when I get to target, I will be able to stay there!

Ramble ramble! Will stop talking about myself now! I wish you loads of luck getting into SW and I'm sure that you'll start seeing brilliant results in no time :D

Hellie x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.