Total Solution Newbie (well to exante anyway!)

kiwi976

So.... Nearly two years ago I started Cambridge and did really well. I lost 6 stone in total but then had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed : ( I went travelling in January of this year and when I got back, I started with a personal trainer who was mortified I had done meal replacement and so I came off Cambridge completely and did the whole healthy eating and training. I have tried really hard but I just don't have the motivation to lose 1-2lbs a week when I have so much to lose. I think it's very easy for someone who doesn't understand the psychological aspects of why I eat what I eat and when and how much to judge someone but Cambridge really worked for me. I have now left the PT and am just starting a new gym with a pool because during my time training, I had scans on my knees and discovered that they are amount as messed up as they could possibly be. Consultant and doctor have different opinions, one says they should operate and the other doesn't so currently I am just concentrating on losing weight. I'm also wanting to start a family in the next year or so, so am contending with having just had my coil removed (ouch!) and just getting back into a normal cycle etc.
My main achievements so far are race for life a year ago, then trekking in Thailand/travelling and this summer I did mudrunner oblivion (def the hardest thing I have EVER done!)
My next goals are losing weight, maintaining and having a baby.
I've chosen to do exante this time as I don't really want to see a consultant when I know what I'm doing and the cost makes a difference too. I hope I will do as well as I did before although I'm currently sat writing this with major hunger pains as this is normally snack time for me.
I'm just going to pop and have some water but just wanted to introduce myself first and will continue to update this during the process.

I hope we can all help each other because although I have done this before, the next few days will be really hard.

Hi Kiwi,

I'm a newbie, too. Your thread gave me the push to actually register on this forum and respond.

I feel I'm at the same stage as you. Being 34 I am preparing myself for motherhood and want to be a lot healthier first. I've still got my coil fitted, but seriously thinking about getting it removed. Just had 2 weeks of stomach cramps (on and off), and now a week of spotting. I feel a hormonal mess most of the month. Have you noticed any different having it removed?

I lost 8 stone with a gastric band, but really struggled with acid reflux so had it deflated. 3-4 stone back on over the years, so doing Cambridge and now Exante.

I really admire your physical activity achievements. Well done.

Anyway, best of luck with the diet and keep us posted with you're getting along with it.

Hi,

I have started this morning, feeling very positive but i know it will be difficult. I have been overweight for as-long as i can remember and really need to loose it. Hope we can all help each other through the next few days as i feel this will be the hardest part

Good luck everyone :) x

Hi both,

Fantastic news that you have both started. You're right... The next few days will be the hardest but definitely worth it when we reach our goals whatever they may be.

I'm glad I inspired you to join Tory... We can help keep each other on track!

I had a coil for five years after having a miscarriage and deciding I couldn't go through the heartache again. I didn't have a period throughout the five years but then when I had it changed, I have has a period ever since. I've always thought I was pretty regular but since I had it out about three months ago, I have been all over the place. Hopefully it will settle down now though over the next few months.

Keep me posted on how you're feeling both!

X

Attachments

• image-2743252622.jpg
    image-2743252622.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image-4149394420.jpg
    image-4149394420.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 55
  • image-836902781.jpg
    image-836902781.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 55
  • image-2973335721.jpg
    image-2973335721.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 52
  • image-2794368193.jpg
    image-2794368193.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3545937062.jpg
    image-3545937062.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 51
I cannot believe I missed the most important photo... Mudrunner! Haha! 10k in mud and obstacles... NEVER AGAIN!! (But worth it just like this challenge will be!)

Attachments

• image-1880530495.jpg
    image-1880530495.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 57
Great pics!

I used to do the gym and had a PT too. I just got bored of it. Exercise is definitely my downfall.

I think all the different contraception I've been on over the years (pill, injection, implant, coil) has messed me up even when not on anything. It's the water retention that upsets me the most. I hope you settle back into a pattern soon.

I'm taking my weight loss slower and still eating a main meal in the evening (no carbs) and treats at weekend. 2 stone so far in 6 months. Not amazing but feel I'm more likely to maintain. I'm one of life's plodders :)

Lets see what the next week brings us!

Hi Tory!

You're doing really well and far more likely to keep the weight off if you're slowly changing how you eat so really well done because it takes a lot of motivation!

It definitely doesn't help having pills/coils etc...
I don't suffer too much with water retention but have done before so I hope yours settles.

I do like exercise but the PT was so intense, it just doesn't fit with my lifestyle. I actually have a life outside the gym!

Back