Newbie!! What can i expect...

mrsvhall

Congratulations to all of you for your weight loss so far!!!

I ordered my first 7 days today so hopefully itwill arrive on Tuesday. I have 111lb to lose and hoping to achieve it by 2013.

I'm just wondering what i can expect to achieve and any tips you may have. I know you have a thread on here already, but i struggle with memory problems at present and forget where to look etc. So i do apologise if you have to repeat yourselfs.

To start with, i have order the 3 packs a day for 7 days.
I dont actually eat much at present, i have a piece a fruit for breakfast, lunch and then my main meal about 7pm. So i think it'll be perfect for me. I do drink lots of water and juice throughout the day so hopefully i wont have a problem.

I have alot of health problems and im disabled, hence why i dont actually eat that much myself and have to wait for DH to get home from work before eating a main meal. We have tried lots of ways around it but i never have the energy to get up and cook and also when DH has made my lunch before going to work, i kept forgetting. This is why i am hoping that this will work fantastically for me.

Any advice you may have for me, i really would appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance

V xx

Welcome. The first week is the most difficult but if you stay strong and get through that it is much easier after that. Drinking water is important but you will not be able to drink juice on this diet. There is a link to some suggestions of what you can drink in the frequently asked questions thread here:

http://www.minimins.com/slim-save/243353-slim-save-frequently-asked-questions.html

Other than that it's best to have a scout around the S&S forum and sub forums. There is lots of information about. Are you doing 3 packs or 4?

Welcome. The first week is the most difficult but if you stay strong and get through that it is much easier after that. Drinking water is important but you will not be able to drink juice on this diet. There is a link to some suggestions of what you can drink in the frequently asked questions thread here:

http://www.minimins.com/slim-save/243353-slim-save-frequently-asked-questions.html

Other than that it's best to have a scout around the S&S forum and sub forums. There is lots of information about. Are you doing 3 packs or 4?

Hi,

I am going for the 3 packs. I'm not a big eater as it is so i think for the first week i will try 3 packs, do a little more research and then see how i go and feel. I will be ordering my 4 week supply on Friday but just wanted to make sure it was for me.

V xx

Definately have a read thru the forums. Ive picked up some great ideas. I've bn following s&s for 10days now. It was about day 5 before i started to fee ok. In the first 7days id lost 10lbs. Reading others stories of their weigh loss journeys is very motivational & u can pick up some great ideas & support along the way. Good luck xx

It is a great diet, and I very very rarely feel hunger, in fact I dont - just the odd craving. Drink a lot of water, stay focused with your eye on the prize and dont let the odd dow day get you down. I love the variety and choice. It is a long slog, but honestly I can say it is worth the effort. Lots of luck to you keep us posted

Good luck! You need to either have 3 packs and a protein meal or 4 packs every day. The meals are very nice and worth having for lunch if you are able to prepare them. They need boiling water and to go into the microwave and be stirred. They include porridge, chilli, spag bol and cottage pie. Other alternatives include having a bar (no preparation necessary) or a shake (water and pack shaken together).

You cannot have any fruit or fruit juice on this diet as it will take you out of ketosis. Have a look at the FAQ link which was posted in an earlier reply and please let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you for your replies.

I am actually feel very motivated after reading so many threads for the past few hours.

Its a shame about the fruit and Juice but tbh i wouldnt miss them. I love my veg so thats not a problem.
I am doing the 3 packs but if i feel that im struggling, would it be ok to go to the 4 pack?

So far i have only ordered 1 week and im going to be ordering 4 weeks on Friday. I'm sure i wont have any problems but i will keep you upto date.

Once again, thank you for your support.

V xx

If you're on 3 a day you should have 100g protein too to prevent muscle loss- and I find my losses are better when I have 3 pus protein or 4 a day. Good idea to get one weeks first, to try. Then if it works for you- the mens 5 a day is the cheapest option when you look at price per pack!

If you're on 3 a day you should have 100g protein too to prevent muscle loss- and I find my losses are better when I have 3 pus protein or 4 a day. Good idea to get one weeks first, to try. Then if it works for you- the mens 5 a day is the cheapest option when you look at price per pack!

Thank you. I will look into that when ordering. If it works out cheaper, then its a bonus :)

So much to take in!!

V xx

You will lose a similar amount on either the 3 pack or 4 pack plan - so don't worry about that. If you do the 3 pack plan though it is recommended that you take a multivitamin. I would suggest a pregnancy multivitamin as it contains no vitamin A and too much vitamin A is quite bad for you.

I agree with starlight - not really that usful in my opinion. Some people like to use them but it does cause stress when they don't show a clear ketosis reading. If you stick to the programme you will be in ketosis.

My first 2 days i had 4 packs plus the protein. Ur not really suppose to do this but it helped me & didn't do my weightloss any harm. Good luck xx

That's good advice from no1mom, if you do find that you are really struggling in the first few days have an additional pack. I always say so new people "don't crack, have an extra pack" as that is much better that going off plan and snacking on carbs and putting you right back where you started in terms of getting into ketosis.

Use this week to decide what packs you enjoy the most and base your next order on those. You might not be that keen on the soups (for example) but love the meals (like me :)). Everyone likes something different. I've been on this diet for a while (started last August) apart from a couple of planned breaks and am just coming up to 5 stone lost. I mostly don't find it difficult at all now, it's simply a way of life. Having lost almost 5 stone I can honestly say that I feel much healthier and happier than I did previously.

Good luck!

Back