Newbie-what I've learnt in my first week

claire_1985

Hi there,
The thread title is a bit misleading as I've not completed my first week yet-I am 5 days in though and would like to share some thoughts.....

*shakes work better when mixed with a hand blender; they're frothier and less powdery/lumpy

*I like the bars, got a variety to try and love the chocolate and coconut/truffle/praline but the lemon is a bit too much for me-left me chewing for ages!

*I like chicken soup normally but not this one....now im stuck with another 5 so dont order something you think you like normally as it may not be the same! Spag bol on the other hand I loved but only ordered 1 pack!

*shakes are yummy so far but have only tried vanilla and chocolate

*water is HUGELY IMPORTANT in keeping me full, had a few tummy grumbles the first few days but seem ok now

Hope the above helps someone out there, maybe others can post their likes/dislikes too to help others trying to decide what to order. After my first two weeks, I'll def know what I want I think :) xx

Hi

I am on day 7 today, my week leanings are:

I didn't think too much of the spicy spag but the spag Bol I really enjoyed, I particularly like the fact I can bulk it out with mushrooms.

Chicken has become my new best friend.

There is a great recipe on here for oatmeal biscuits - they were ok, added some cinnamon in and had with a cuppa.

Water needs to become my next best friend as I do not have enough

Oh and finally slimatee twice a week is helping me in the toilet department.

Xx

Great idea, I am on day 6 and here's what I have learnt so far:

*The shakes are nice with a spoonful of coffee- so far have liked the vanilla, caramel, caffe latte, chocolate and crispy chocolate with coffee- also means I don't need milk as I have breakfast and coffee in one :)

*Banana and strawberry shakes are yummy, as a shake and as a mousse

*Coke Zero helps with the afternoon slump

*200g grams of veg with the meal packs is very filling, one of the reasons I am glad I switched from Cambridge. So far I have tried and liked Spaghetti Bol, Macaroni Cheese (yum), mushroom pasta and curry. Had cottage pie last night and wasn't keen, but I might try again another day.

*the porridge is best cooked in a deep microwave dish, and needs watching as my first 2 attempts exploded all over the microwave lol, the sweet porridge isn't really sweet but it is OK

*love all the bars that I have tried so far

*sparkling water is a great way to get my water intake, and keeps me feeling full

I love all the different products, I like variety and the veg allowance is fab too :)

Thanks both, great that we can all share our thoughts on products :)

I agree that the variety is great which im hoping will make it less boring than other diets I've been on.

Got cottage pie and spicy spaghetti meals wise to try until my first week is done but judging by what you both send, they may be the last time I order thrm! Lol :)

Have you had the crispy chocolate shake yet? It was like drinking coco pops to me! :)

Hope you've both found your first week fairly ok, am looking forward (in a strange way) to getting on the scales to see they've gone down....hopefully! I weigh in wednesday so fingers crossed xx

I like the crispy chocolate shake, in fact I followed someone's recipe from the recipe section to make a crispy chocolate brownie tonight, felt like I was having a treat.
You add 5 tsp of water to a pack, then microwave for 30 secs on a small plate- it was really chocolately and soothed my sweet cravings.

Good luck for weigh in :)

If you look at the stickies there is already a product review thread.

I'm on day 8 and I've learned:

* I really do need to make some time to eat the food - I have been so busy this last week that I have missed 3 packs altogether :(

* Try and space my water out - but to make sure I consume at least 4 pints during my working hours - makes it much easier when I get home.

Great idea, I am on day 6 and here's what I have learnt so far:

*The shakes are nice with a spoonful of coffee- so far have liked the vanilla, caramel, caffe latte, chocolate and crispy chocolate with coffee- also means I don't need milk as I have breakfast and coffee in one :)

*Banana and strawberry shakes are yummy, as a shake and as a mousse

*Coke Zero helps with the afternoon slump

*200g grams of veg with the meal packs is very filling, one of the reasons I am glad I switched from Cambridge. So far I have tried and liked Spaghetti Bol, Macaroni Cheese (yum), mushroom pasta and curry. Had cottage pie last night and wasn't keen, but I might try again another day.

*the porridge is best cooked in a deep microwave dish, and needs watching as my first 2 attempts exploded all over the microwave lol, the sweet porridge isn't really sweet but it is OK

*love all the bars that I have tried so far

*sparkling water is a great way to get my water intake, and keeps me feeling full

I love all the different products, I like variety and the veg allowance is fab too :)

What a fab idea (coffee in shake!) not too keen on cafe latte but have a few packs left so I'm off to try it again with some coffee in it! Thanks for sharing ?

I like the crispy chocolate shake, in fact I followed someone's recipe from the recipe section to make a crispy chocolate brownie tonight, felt like I was having a treat.
You add 5 tsp of water to a pack, then microwave for 30 secs on a small plate- it was really chocolately and soothed my sweet cravings.

Good luck for weigh in :)

Ahhh! Now I don't know whether to have a shake with coffee or a choc brownie treat - choices choices lol!!

Ahhh! Now I don't know whether to have a shake with coffee or a choc brownie treat - choices choices lol!!

I dont know if i made this right..it was tasteless..when you take it out the microwave is it still soggy then hardens up?

Back