Newbie whose unsure what to do

Hi,

I really need to loose some weight - my current BMI is around 32.5. However, I'm really struggling. I've recently finished with a fairly active (working as a hospital support worker) job to go back to college to get a qualification I need to go to university. So my activity level has absolutely plummeted and I am snacking more because I have more 'time' (i.e. not doing an 8 hour shift with no breaks). My aim is to have lost weight by the time next September comes around as that is when I hope to start university - although I would have like to have lost some by January / February when hopefully I will have some interviews to attend.

I'm thinking of joining an online plan such as weight watchers or slimming world but I'm not really sure which one is best for me. I quite like the look of WW because of the price but I think SW looks better for the actual style. So any advice as to which one is better would be much appreciated?

I'm also struggling to work in exercise. I cannot afford to use a gym as currently unemployed (though I'm trying to get part time work around college). I enjoy swimming but am very self conscious about my size so don't really feel able to try this yet.

I'm very grateful for any help.

Back