Newbie with 10+ stone to lose with SW and Hospital.

troublesomepip

Hello all, I'm Pippa and am in my 3rd week back at Slimming World, am also under the bariatric team at hospital. I was on Slimming World before and had just got to under 20 stone when I was diagnosed with cervical cancer, Between the meds and the 'f**k it I just want chocolate and ice cream' I managed to regain a percentage of that weight. But I am back on the road to health (hopefully) and so am back at the weightloss. I firstly want to lose weight as I need surgery to have my gallbladder removed and I would like to be at 19 stone maximum for that.... my next appointment is in January :) and secondly well I want to do it for me. I am fed up of being the fat friend.
I am joining here as I need the support, my mother is doing SW with me... however has 3 stone to lose so doesn't quite get it and leads me down the naughty path to happily. I am in the midst of a rubbish willpower day, after a rubbish one yesterday also!!! so I need to work through this and not lose it.... some days I feel like SW is the wrong choice for me as I panic about weigh ins and get stressed about it so am tempted to follow the diet and only have my weigh ins at the hospital...
I am aware I am just chatting now.....
but...
Is there anyone else here under the Bariatric team? How are you finding the journey? I was set a target of 14kgs to lose.... in 2 years :eek: which I find bizarre!
I am sorry for such a long post, thank you for reading if you managed it, I look forward to getting to know you all xx

Welcome Pippa! I've been following SW too, so far it seems to work for me but I do think losing weight and following any plan is really personal. You will find a plan that works for you, I need that accountability and going to group gives me that. Good luck on your journey :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

If it doesn;t work for you - and that includes naughty temptation from your mum too - then it doesn't work! :) There's lots of other ways and we want the best for you - perhaps it's worth spending an afternoon having a flick through the various options and see what you think you can do?

Welcome hun! :) Good luck - hope you're feeling better!

Welcome Pippa, hope your journey is a positive one. SW recipes can be really delicious.

Welcome, Pippa! I'm sorry to hear about your health problems, and hope you're doing well at the moment. Good luck with the weight loss - this is a good place to come for support. :) xx

hi pippa
good luck with your weight lost love x x

Thank you all so much! I took a week to really focus my mind back into it, and thankfully my mother has focused herself as well which helps greatly! I have now lost 2st5lb in 4 weeks and am so very happy! I am really going to get it done this time! I have a real fire in my belly to get this done.... war mode is engaged.... and I am going to win :D

I used to be 22 stone 10 and I'm currently 17 stones 9.5. If I can do it with SW, anyone can. I have lost weight very slowly but it's coming off.

Start off slow and pick up the pace. I would recommend exercise to everyone. Just walk. But start off slow. And build up your pace.

It'll help you tone like nothing else. I was the same weight for months but I started exercising and even tho the weight wasn't shifting I lost so any inches it was unreal. So that would be my advise to you.

Sw works. You just have to meal plan (in my experience) or just be prepared and know roughly what you're going to eat.

Detox your cupboards. You don't need unhealthy snacks hanging around. If your fridge is full of good food, you'll eat good food.

hi roz great to see you x x

Back