Newbie With 2 1/2 Stone to lose on Exante diet.

uktay001

Hi everyone my name is Mark i have just started the Exante Total Solution diet today. :eek:
I purchased the 6 week plan from ******* a couple of weeks ago and have waited until now when i have 2 weeks of work to start.
I have about 2 1/2 stone to lose so hopefully with the help and support of you guys i can succeed. :D
I plan on buying a further 4 weeks worth of meals and then trying to slowly re-introduce food and exercise.
I am a little worried to how few calories i will be consuming on a daily basis but i will give it my best shot, being totally away from food is the best solution for me to start with, because i love everything and find it very hard to resist food.
I currently weigh 15st 4lbs and hope to achieve 13st, my weight started to increase about 10 years ago when i was put on medication and i ballooned to 18st 7 lbs, but have found it difficult to get below 15st even with exercise.
Is that all going to change now i've found exante hope so, anyway i have a few questions i hope you guys can provide answers for from your individual experiences.

1. I will stop going to the gym during my time on exante, but can i do some exercise at home some weights walking the dog etc.
I am worried about any negative effects this will have on ketosis if i do to much.

2. I love my cups of tea so far today i have drank tea without milk but i don't like it can i include a set amount of skimmed milk or will this interfere with ketosis, i'm not worried about the extra calories as i can easily burn them but it's the sugar that concerns me.
I don't want to stop drinking tea otherwise i will suffer caffeine withdrawal don't need that now.

3. I do train a lot and have a good muscular physique in the upper body i'm worried that my body will cannibalize itself to get fuel.
I was thinking about taking a protein drink as a last meal before bed to help. "Impact whey protein unflavoured."
I don't know if there is anything in it that will interfere with ketosis.

4. If i was to get to hungry and needed to eat something what would be the best thing that wouldn't interfere with ketosis.

Many thanks for reading,

Mark

Hi everyone just an update on the start of day 3, if feels like i've been without food for months.

Day 1: Not to bad didn't really feel that hungry but was probably due to the amount of water i drank.

Day 2: I felt ok up to lunch time and after my second meal, but early afternoon i was feeling starving stomach making all sorts of noises.
Had no energy all day to do anything, forced myself to walk the dog for half an hour, but this just made me even more tired.

Day 3: 8:53 I felt really light headed and unsteady on my feet first thing, and while making porridge i found it really hard not to be sick, i was gagging all the time from the smell but managed to shovel it down, it had a instant reaction and within 10mins i felt half normal again.

Not looking forward to the rest of the day because i've read that day 3 is a hard one, but if this morning thing carries on i may have to include a forth meal of just some protein in the evening. Could anyone advise if this will take me out of ketosis.

Many thanks,

Back