Newbie with PCOS who has had a baby....

Hi everyone,

I've already done and introduction post a few weeks back but just seen this section. Just wanted to say I was diagnosed November 2011 with PCOS after a battle with my doctor to get blood tests and an ultrasound. I had been trying for a baby for 2 years beforehand and my cycles weren't as long as some peoples who suffer and my doctor said I wasn't hairy enough! (I wax and thread so it's not obvious on my face but at the same time I don't have extreme hair either).
I had lost 3 1/2 stone leading up to my diagnoses using MFP & exercise.
I had my first 28 day cycle in the November and then had a long cycle in December....mid January and I still hadn't come to an end of that cycle due to being pregnant!!! I had only been on metformin for 2 weeks prior so was told to stop that.

But just wanted to say it is possible to lose weight and it is possible to fall pregnant naturally or with some help. I was sent away from my ultrasound saying well you might get pregnant...heres a help sheet! I spent Christmas 2011 so sad and gutted. I didn't know xmas eve I had conceived.

I now have a 8 month old daughter called Evie and it really is possible! I've now got to lose some more weight as I put it all back on during pregnancy. It's a lot tougher with a young baby BUT I'm now following SW as MFP I'm constantly hungry now. I've not lost much yet but I'll be trying to become a regular on this forum so I hope to see lots of fellow PCOS ladies falling pregnant :)

Hi and welcome and congratulations that's nice news to here :) I have mild pcos, I'm just under the fertility Clinic so hoping to either be pregnant and not need anything or clomid :) xx

Good luck hun :) I was too overweight to be seen for any treatment so kept losing the weight and managed to fall naturally.... it might just happen for you too :)

I'm now to large and my periods have gone crazy again so back to losing weight x

Back