Serendipity

Hay guys!
I'm so new to this that I haven't actully started yet! The good news is that I have made an appointment and I get to meet with the lovely lady on the phone next week! So in the interim, can you let me know if there is anything I should be doing to prepare for the first week - by all accounts the first few days seem pretty difficult.

Thanks in advance,

Serendipity
loads to lose but far more to gain !! :)

Hi serendipity!

What a great name, a beautiful way to describe the journey you're about to go on :D

I'd advise you to cut out carbs from now on, it really will make the first week on the diet so much more bearable! I won't lie to you, the first few days are hard, but the weight loss you get in the first week makes it worthwhile! And after the first week it gets a lot easier.

Stock up on toothpaste, mouthwash and gold spot breath freshener, as believe me you will need them!! Also, if you don't like tap water, you will need bottled water by the gallon! ;)

If you have any questions, just ask! This is a great forum, and there's loads of people going through the same thing as you who are more than happy to help! :D

GOOD LUCK!!

Hiya! Congratulations on taking the first step! :)

I didn't prepare at all....just went straight into sole source. I have to be honest as I have just completed week one and I did feel pretty rough. Maybe if you take the advise below and cut down on carbs etc you may get through it easier.

Just to let you know I am on Day 8 and feel great....all the yucky side affects seem to have passed....so however bad it gets stick to it, it will pass and you will see great results.

Well done and good luck x x

Hi, the only advice Im going to give is go for it!!! Its a fantastic diet with the best results ever!! Good luck sarahxx.

Oh Good Luck to you starting your journey.

Like Laura, i didn't cut down, I just dived straight into it but if I had my time again, I would have cut down the carbs first as I think I would have felt better if I had.

My best advice for you is to take it easy the first few days and keep drinking the water. People say the more you drink, the more you shrink - I'm not far enough along my journey to say if that is true for me but I do know that the more I drink the better I feel.

Everyone here is really supportive so if you feel tempted to cheat, or are struggling come and say hello and drink a glass of water!

Oh and I'd definitely second the mouthwash recommendation - you'll need it!

Good Luck!

Back