Newbie!

rachel~m

Hey everyone.

Well I'm starting exante tomorrow bit nervous and excited!
Here is a little bit about me.

I'm 30yrs old and suffer with pcos, I'm married to a wonderful man and we tried for a baby for 10years with no success and after nasty dr's remarks etc I finally decided to tackle my weight in january 2009 and in 17weeks on CD I lost 5st we changed hospitals and were given hope (was told we would never get preg) and was told if I lost another 10lb I could have ovarian drilling and in the mean time we were given 4months of clomid (fertility drug) to try well cut long story short my periods returned on losing weight and 1st month on clomid we got pregnant and we now have a beautiful 20week old daughter! She was worth every moment of it all! Well I actually lost weight while preg as had severe sickness all through (30times a day) but since my daughters birth I've put all weight back on plus more (first 10weeks were hardest as I had traumatic birth and emergancy section after 50hours labour and had to be cut across and up so I didn't move a lot)
Well I feel it time to start again as 1 I hate feeling this big again and I want to feel full of energy again and 2 we want to try for another baby from january so time to get cracking!

Hope to get to know you all!

Xxx

Hi and welcome

Are you doing Cambridge or Exante

xxx

Good luck - I'm sure you'll do a fab job

xx

hi Rachael and welcome i'm sure you'll do well on exante
good luck on your journey xx and congrats on the baby xx

Hello and welcome. Congratulations on your baby daughter and for being able to think straight with a 20 week baby, let alone diet!

Good luck :)

Thanks everyone!

Can I ask what times people have there shakes? When I did CD I was at work so found it easier but now I'm at home all day just wondere if ill find it harder!

Welcome and congratulations!! xx

Hello & welcome! You sound really determined and certainly have a fantastic reason to be motivated.

I have my shake for breakfast , bar for lunch & soup for evening meal - on weekends I shift it around a bit and tend to have shake/soup/shake. I am at work full time so the bars are best in the week for me. It must be lot harder if you have less things to distract you during the day but you sound so determined I'm sure you will be fine especially once you get past the first week. If I remember back 24 years when my "baby" was a baby every time you try to sit down to eat the baby wakes up - I have quite vivid memories of yearning to be able to eat a meal that was supposed to be hot whilst it was still hot! So maybe the shakes & bars will work really well because you can have them one-handed and they won't go cold.

Congrats on your baby. Well done on your previous loss it proves you can do it again. I'm on day 19 & finding it surprisingly easy so I'm sure you will too. Good luck.

Back