Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chocolatekitten, 9 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Chocolatekitten

Chocolatekitten New Member

Hi there,
    I've just found this app and I'm looking forward to getting some much needed help and tips from you ladies. Ive just rejoined slimming world, as i gave up on my self the first time I joined. I need to loose about 8 stone to be in healthy situation to start a family. Which seems like a massive hill to climb.
    xChocolatekittenx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ellie_lou1

ellie_lou1 Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(14.59%)
    Diet:
    Sw
    Hi I'm sure you will do fab hun, I'm new to this site too and I also do Slimming World. I had 8 (ish, probably more) stones to lose but I'm nearly 3 down now! I'm really loving the change, finally having the confidence to do things!!
    ellie x

4. Chocolatekitten

Chocolatekitten New Member

Did you find it difficult to re-program your mind set? Only the first week I managed to put on half a pound. I was so upset when I got home I cried as I'd tried hard the week before, and I felt I'd failed.

5. ellie_lou1

ellie_lou1 Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(14.59%)
    Diet:
    Sw
    I think the hardest thing to overcome for me is the fact that it's going to take a long time to come off, and you probably will have gains along the way. The Other diets I'd tried where I was practically starving the weight did drop off and I was expecting the same with SW but it doesn't, I've had to reprogram the way I think to set myself shorter term goals (I.e in 1 stone I start horse riding again!). But it's not necessarily a bad thing, I feel healthier, happier, full of energy and therefore a bit fitter because I'm actually eating!
    With regards to your gain, you havent failed because you're doing something positive! You would only fail by giving up. Have you exercised a lot this week as you may be retaining water? I would start afresh this week, maybe do a food diary to take into your consultant or do one on here? I was surprised how many
    things I thought were free or low syns weren't! Do you have the
    food directory to check syn values?
    Ellie x

6. traymanda

traymanda Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Chocolatekitten, I am new also, good luck with the weight loss...xx

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Good luck with SW

Irene xx

8. Rainbow Mum

Rainbow Mum Member

Start Weight:
    24st3lb
    Current Weight:
    24st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    Hi, i am another newbie. Welcome and good luck! I will be following the old weight watchers points plan. xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.