• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hi there,
I've just found this app and I'm looking forward to getting some much needed help and tips from you ladies. Ive just rejoined slimming world, as i gave up on my self the first time I joined. I need to loose about 8 stone to be in healthy situation to start a family. Which seems like a massive hill to climb.
xChocolatekittenx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 20st1lb C: 17st2lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 2st13lb(14.59%)
Hi I'm sure you will do fab hun, I'm new to this site too and I also do Slimming World. I had 8 (ish, probably more) stones to lose but I'm nearly 3 down now! I'm really loving the change, finally having the confidence to do things!!
ellie x

Did you find it difficult to re-program your mind set? Only the first week I managed to put on half a pound. I was so upset when I got home I cried as I'd tried hard the week before, and I felt I'd failed.

S: 20st1lb C: 17st2lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 2st13lb(14.59%)
Did you find it difficult to re-program your mind set? Only the first week I managed to put on half a pound. I was so upset when I got home I cried as I'd tried hard the week before, and I felt I'd failed.
I think the hardest thing to overcome for me is the fact that it's going to take a long time to come off, and you probably will have gains along the way. The Other diets I'd tried where I was practically starving the weight did drop off and I was expecting the same with SW but it doesn't, I've had to reprogram the way I think to set myself shorter term goals (I.e in 1 stone I start horse riding again!). But it's not necessarily a bad thing, I feel healthier, happier, full of energy and therefore a bit fitter because I'm actually eating!
With regards to your gain, you havent failed because you're doing something positive! You would only fail by giving up. Have you exercised a lot this week as you may be retaining water? I would start afresh this week, maybe do a food diary to take into your consultant or do one on here? I was surprised how many
things I thought were free or low syns weren't! Do you have the
food directory to check syn values?
Ellie x

traymanda

S: 16st7lb C: 14st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 31.5 Loss: 1st10lb(10.39%)
Hi Chocolatekitten, I am new also, good luck with the weight loss...xx

S: 24st3lb C: 24st3lb G: 12st2lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi, i am another newbie. Welcome and good luck! I will be following the old weight watchers points plan. xxx