beckah

Hi Im Becka. Im married and have 4 brilliant kids and live in North Wales. After seeing some recent photos of myself its time to face the fact that I really do need to lose weight and to stop kidding myself Im happy as I am, soooooooooo here goes I thought the first step was to find somewhere to come to get support and not to be slated over my weight

Right now Im not. Ive looked into weight watchers and slimming world but dont really know what route to go, so was hoping for a few tips here! I dont want to commit myself to having to go to weekly meets either, I have two SN kids at home so it would be hard for me to get out

Welcome to Minimins, youll find some great advice, tips and support which ever diet you decide to do

Id definitely recommend WW. I love the fact you can eat whatever you want, as youll see from the McDonalds/Chinese discussion taking place on the WW section at the moment ;)

How much weight do you want to lose? def have a look around the site, im sure you could follow ww or sw without going to the meets going it alone. there is vlcd's aswell, cambridge, lighterlife, lipotrim. then again its weekly although i ony see my cambridge counsellor once ever 2/3 weeks as we dont live near each other. lighterlife has counselling so is a wee bit dearer than the other two.

xx

Im having a good old nose about now and didnt realise there were so many diets about:eek::eek:!!

When I was younger ( a lot lol ) I was obsessed about my weight and spent a long time in the arms of bullemia, obviously this is a road I dont want to go down again. It was thanks to my lovely hubby I regained control and obviously he doesnt want to go there again and is telling me Im fine as I am. I have not had any scales in my house since so am not sure what I weigh bit Im a size 16 and proberly creeping to a 18. Its just starting to really get me down now, and that in turn is effecting the rest of the family:cry::cry: so instead of sitting here crying over it Im determined to change it

perhaps, then ww or sw or something similar would be good for you :) :) look at starlight's diary she has lost a huge amount of weight on ww

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am as passionate about SW as Starlight is about WW! They are both great plans and work well. What ever you do, you will find all the support you need here x

Hi Beckah, welcome to the forum. I'm in North Wales too:)

There are loads of diets here, don't get bogged down with the idea that you have to go to class. I believe WW do a "at home" version. I'm doing my own thing, have a regular weigh-in on Friday and commit to updating my ticker and gain the support I need from here.

What ever diet you decide on - good luck, you can do it.

Hi Beckah, welcome to the forum. I'm in North Wales too:)

There are loads of diets here, don't get bogged down with the idea that you have to go to class. I believe WW do a "at home" version. I'm doing my own thing, have a regular weigh-in on Friday and commit to updating my ticker and gain the support I need from here.

What ever diet you decide on - good luck, you can do it.
Yes they do. SW do an online or postal membership too

Hi Beckah,

So glad you've found that determination to do it - as others have said, Minimins is a good site to ask questions, get information, look for motivation etc. , especially those "before and after" photos people put on here.

Although I am in Week 3 of the Cambridge Diet, I have a friend who is doing something through tesco Diets (online) - they have a range to suit varuous lifestyles and preferences. Might be worth a look, seems quite flexible.

Good luck with whichever one you choose. My wife is about to start Slimming World.

J74

Welcome on board and good luck with which ever diet you choose x

Hi Beckah,

So glad you've found that determination to do it - as others have said, Minimins is a good site to ask questions, get information, look for motivation etc. , especially those "before and after" photos people put on here.

Although I am in Week 3 of the Cambridge Diet, I have a friend who is doing something through tesco Diets (online) - they have a range to suit varuous lifestyles and preferences. Might be worth a look, seems quite flexible.

Good luck with whichever one you choose. My wife is about to start Slimming World.

J74
Hi J74, is your wife a member here?

Back