Newbie's Diary

cheese93

So i'm onto my second week at SW and not seeing much difference really :( sooo i've decided to start a food diary to hopefully see where i might be going wrong and hopefully get a few suggestions from some others bout anything i could be doing different :)!!

Friday - Green Day :)
Breakfast : 2 weetabix (HEB) with milk (HEA) and chopped banana

Snack : Walkers Crisps (9 Syns)

Lunch : 2 slices bread from 400g loaf (HEB) with 28g cheese (HEA)

Dinner : SW Chips and 2 poached eggs

Snack : 1 Curly Wurly (6 Syns) and fruit.

Saturday - Green Day

Snack : 1 Curly Wurly (6 syns) and 1 alpen light bar (HEB)

I was at work through lunch so never had anything to eat

Dinner : SW Chips

Snack : 2 oranges and 1 alpen light bar

Sunday - Green Day

Snack : 2 oranges and 1 alpen light bar

Was working again so no lunch :(

Dinner : 2 Baked Potatos with 28g cheese (HEA) and 2 poached eggs

Snack : 2 oranges and 1 alpen light bar (HEB)

Monday - Green Day

Snack : Banana

Lunch : Banana and 1 alpen light bar (3 syns, because not using as HEB )

Dinner : Spaggeti with a knob of butter mixed through ( Roughly 2 syns)

Went to zumba :) so feeling really good after that :D

Snack : 2 slices toast from 400g loaf (HEB) and 5 oatcakes (10 syns) :( couldnt help myself, had the nibbles

Tuesday - Green Day

Snack : 2 oranges and 1 alpen light bar (HEB)

Dinner : SW chips and 2 poached eggs with lotsss of HP sauce :D (bout 5 syns)

Snack : 3 oranges, 1 alpen light bar and 1 curly wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns : 11 :)

Wednesday - Green Day (Again)

Snacks : 1 orange, 1 banana, 1 alpen light bar (HEB) 1 curly wurly (6 syns) and 1 muller light yougurt

Dinner : Spagetti pasta mixed with chilli, a little butter (2 syns) and 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce ( 2 syns)

Snacks : Muller light, 1 alpen light bar and 1 banana, SW crisps and 1 curly wurly (6 syns)

Feel like i've eaten soooo much tday, feel soooo very guilty :( and yet i might still ransak the cupboards, aghhh, not been a good day :(

Keep up the good work Cheese, Good luck towards losing your goal weight

Awwh thank you jones, good luck to you too :)

Thursday - Green Day

Snack : 1 banana and 1 alpen light bar (1/2 HEB)

Lunch : 1 alpen light bar (HEB) :(

Dinner : Was starving by the time dinner came so i made myself a big plate of SW Chips, 2 poached eggs and 2 quorn sausages (2syns) - lovely :)

Snack : 1 banana and 1 alpen light bar (3 syns), muller light and a curly wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns = 11 syns

Friday - Green Day
Breakfast : 2 weetabix (HEB) with milk (HEA)

Snack : 1 banana and 1 alpen light bar (1/2 HEB)

Lunch : 1 Orange and Muller Light Yougurt and 1 alpen light bar (HEB)

Dinner : Plain Spagetti mixed with 1 tbsp flora butter (5 syns) :O and sweet chilli sauce (2syns)

Snack : 2 Curly Wurlys (12 syns) :O :(, 1 alpen light bar (3 syns), muller light yougurt

Total Syns = 22 syns

:O Aghh no willpower at all tday, feeling rubbish so been eating rubbish, feeling quite guilty now though!!

Aghh, jst had some homemade millionaire shortbread given to me by a friend, it was amazinggg but feeling ohh soo guilty now

gonna have to jump on the wii fit and do some zumba now to burn of all those syns, god knows how many syns were in that !!!

Saturday - Green Day
Breakfast : 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HEB) with a little butter (3 syns), 1 muller light yougurt, 1 orange and 1 banana

Snack : 1 alpen light bar (1/2 HEB)

Lunch : no lunch tday as i was at work :)

Dinner : 2 Large Baked Potato's with 28g cheese (HEA) and HP Sauce (2 syns) and 1 orange

Snack : 1 alpen light bar (HEB), 1 curly wurly (6 syns) and 2 slices millionaire shortbread (not sure bout the syns but im thinking it's quite a bit :/

Total syns : 11 syns (not including the shortbread because i have no idea)

Hi. It doesn't seem to me that you are eating enough, even though you feel you have eaten lots!!! There have been some days where you haven't eaten lunch at all.

Hey andi :)
yeah it really does feel like im eating loads nd even though i feel that i'm eating a lot healthier i can't stop myself thinking that if i do eat more i'll jst put on more weight. I've been trying to eat extra before i go to work as i always work through lunch and don't get a break because i don't work enough hours, although when i'm at college during the week i'm really trying to think up new ideas of things to take for my lunch. I'm not attending the SW classes, just trying to go it alone and using the wii for my WI and this forum has been so inspiring and helpful, hopefully i can get into SW a little more and try and fill up my plate at each meal as ive seen some other peoples diaries nd they do seem to be eating loads nd seeing fab results.
Tah for reasuring me that i need to eat more, i'm going to really work on that and hopefully my future posts on what i've eaten will be much bigger and filled with lots of lovely foods lol x

Sunday - Green Day
Breakfast : 2 weetabix (HEB) with milk (HEA) and chopped banana, 1 orange, grapes and a muller light yougurt

Lunch : No lunch again as i was at work

Dinner : Lots of Spaggetti mixed with a little passata (which i think is free?!) and 28g grated cheese (HEA)

Snacks : a muller light yougurt, 2 alpen light bar (HEB)

Not used any syns tday nd dont think i will either to make up for the last couple of days binges lol

Hello! Stuff you could take for lunches - cold pasta with cucumber, peppers, mushrooms and some fat free dressing on it, if you have access to a kettle ainsley harriot cous cous is good and only tiny syns, mugshots. Microwave access? Jacket potato and beans / spaghetti. Warmed up home made soup. I also like the wholegrain crackerbread as you get 6 as a hexb, with either 71 g philli light or 57g low low spread (both hexa) with cucumber and pepper on top!!!! Passata is free!!!!

Hiya

You don't seem to be eating an awful lot sweetie :(

Also there must be something you can take for lunch when working? something to eat while you work??

I find mixing up the hexb's and a's helps weight loss, as do things like melon, fresh pineapple etc

I think its hard at first with sw and we think diet diet diet when really its a healthy eating plan long term, we look too much at small portions etc etc :bighug: xxxxx

Hi Cheese you need to eat more super speed foods and vary what you eat :)

are you a veggie? Want a quick evening meal? I buy the steam fresh veggies and have with cod or salmon or chicken breasts. How about sticking several jacket pots in the oven then when they are cool stick in the fridge and use throughout the week. They will last a few days!!

Mugshots would be handy for you if you work over lunchtime.

Good luck xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hiya andi, thanks for all your tips i think i'll be trying some of those meals soon, they sound lovely, especially the home made soup, id never thought of that and it would be great to take to college on all these cold days :) x

Hiya Jackie,
Thanks for all your advice :) I was thinking that i needed to eat a little more so i'm happy to hear that lol, it shouldnt be too hard lol :) i only usually work at the weekends to earn a little money while im at college so it's usually just 2 days that i'm missing lunch but i have started trying to eat lots at breakfast so i dont get hungry while i'm at work nd ive been feeling great at work just by eating that little bit extra just bfore i go.
I've tried so many diets in the past which never really worked or made me feel awful so i'm trying to get my head around SW as not being another diet but as you said, a healthy eating plan for the rest of my life :) and by finding this forum and reading everyone's food diarys and their inspirational stories and everything else available on here, i feel that after about a week or so doing SW i'm thinking about food in such a different healthier way!! :D
Your doing fab with your weight loss hun and i'll be poping over to ur diary soon for inspiration lol :D
xx

Hey greadyguts :) ohh ino my diary's very repeatative isnt it lol, i feel like im having potato's every night so thats something i need to vary up a bit, ive been having a wee look at other people's food diary's and also at the meal ideas in the SW magazine nd there are some fab reciepes that i want to try soon :)
I'm not a veggie but i just find that green days are easier to follow as i did extra easy for a while and just couldnt get into it but ive never really tried having a red day so i'm gonna be looking at my SW books tonight to find out all i can bout red days. I find it easier if i write out a meal plan for myself which includes most of the things im gonna eat then it's much easier to stick to and not get side tracked, i've already got a menu for extra easy and green so i think it's bout time i did one for red days and gave it a try :D

Back