Newby.. Please help!

Titch89

Hi guys,

I'm on day 2 of LT.. Finding it quite difficult but hope it gets easier in ketosis!

Was just wondering.. Really don't want to knock myself out of ketosis. . Which mouthwashes are the best to use and can I drink any sort of peppermint teas etc?

Also.. I work as a flight attendant and have a 9 hour flight tomorrow.. Is there anything I can do to get more energy? Feeling a bit lightheaded and weak today and was the same last night, so a little bit worried for the flight!!

Also.. The pharmacist said to expect weight loss of 1stone a month.. But looking through these forums, lots of people seem to lose more.. I am 5"4 and weighed in at 13 stone 6.. Really want to get down to 9 and a half stone.. Is it feasible that this could happen by Christmas?

Also please tell me the hunger goes away!!! Xx

Hi titch welcome and good luck. I found day 2 was my worst day then woke up on day 3 feeling fantastic but everyone is different.

Titch89 said:
Hi guys,

I'm on day 2 of LT.. Finding it quite difficult but hope it gets easier in ketosis!

Was just wondering.. Really don't want to knock myself out of ketosis. . Which mouthwashes are the best to use and can I drink any sort of peppermint teas etc?

Also.. I work as a flight attendant and have a 9 hour flight tomorrow.. Is there anything I can do to get more energy? Feeling a bit lightheaded and weak today and was the same last night, so a little bit worried for the flight!!

Also.. The pharmacist said to expect weight loss of 1stone a month.. But looking through these forums, lots of people seem to lose more.. I am 5"4 and weighed in at 13 stone 6.. Really want to get down to 9 and a half stone.. Is it feasible that this could happen by Christmas?

Also please tell me the hunger goes away!!! Xx

Welcome Titch!

They recommend you only use Listerine Original Mouthwash for some reason. I'm sure others here have used different mouthwashes with no ill effects but I've always stuck to Listerine. As regards the tea, it's leaf teas only so pure peppermint is the way to go. The basic rule is no flower teas (camomile for example) and no fruit teas.

I hope the flight goes ok for you. Try drinking plenty of water as this really does help you feel better, especially in the first week. Day 4/5 were the worst for me and then I hit Ketosis and have been fine ever since. As Toddshar says, it's different for everyone.

As regards the weight loss, it's hard to predict really. You usually lose the most the first week but this is a lot of "water weight" as w'll as fat. I'm 5' 5" and started at 12st5. I've lost 19.5lb in 4 weeks if that helps? Try to take it one week at a time. You will have weeks where you won't lose as much as you're hoping to, but the results are so much quicker than on the likes of Weight Watchers or Slimming World.

Keeping popping in TK Minimins as I find it a great help. Loads of support here. Good luck! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome Titch89!

Regarding the mouthwash, Lipotrim recommend you only use Listerine Original Mouthwash for some reason but have said it is ok to use Corsodyl when I asked them. As regards the tea, I agree with squishymcfatterson, it's leaf teas only so pure peppermint or PG Tips I drink, is the way to go. The basic rule is no flower teas (camomile for example) and no fruit teas.

Drinking plenty of water this really does help you feel better, especially with tiredness as I suffered a lot with that during first week. Day 4/5 were the worst for me and then I hit Ketosis and have been fine ever since.

As regards the weight loss, I gained on week 4 but this could be due to illness it's hard to predict really. You usually lose the most the first week but this is a lot of "water weight" as well as fat. I'm 5' 8.5" and started at 15st 0.1. I've lost 22lb in 4 weeks. But it all depends on your height starting weight and how much weight you have to lose there are a lot of factors to be taking into account. Try to take it one week at a time. As Squishymcfatterson said you will have weeks where you won't lose as much as you're hoping to, but the results are so much quicker than on the likes of Weight Watchers or Slimming World.

Minimins is a fantastic forum I find it a great help. Loads of support here. I also started a thread for inspiration if you need it :) Good luck!

Back