Newby to the forum!

Carrie82

Hi there, I'm Carrie and I'm a mummy to two beautiful boys (8 years and almost 3 years) and work from home as a cake decorator. After jumping on my 'broken' scales on Tuesday, I was shocked into taking action! I spent the whole of Tuesday sobbing, eating chocolate and feeling really sorry for myself. See, those scales read 19st 2lbs :( I'm gutted beyond belief! My weight history - I've always had a sweet tooth and am a self confessed chocoholic. When I left home in 2006, the weight piled on. I could have whatever I wanted without mum keeping tabs on what I was eating! After having my son, my weight peaked to 15st 1lb so I joined WW. I got down to 13st 9lbs and stopped going because I'd missed more sessions than been to due to a family bereavement. My weight sneaked up to 15st 6lbs over a year and so I joined WW again but only lost a few pounds before we moved to anther area and I didn't rejoin. I saw a hypnotherapist for my chocolate cravings in 2007 when I weighed 16st on the nose. I lost 7lbs in a month and all that I didn't eat was chocolate! 3 months later, the choc cravings were back after I nibbled on a choc ice! In 2009 we started trying for baby number 2 and after a miscarriage, went from 17st 7lbs to 16st 13lbs. When I fell pregnant I went down to 15st 13lbs due to morning sickness and was 17st 8lbs when I was heavily pregnant. Son #2 was born and a week later I was 16st 8lbs. I was 'happy' with this because I was lighter than before I was pregnant! Anyway, over the past few years my weight has ballooned! I comfort eat and I had quite a stressful 18 months from October 2010, where I think I was depressed and felt like a recluse. I started baking and from that my business has grown and today is successful. In April 2012, I joined slimming world at 18st 4lbs and lost 5lbs before I lost interest when we moved. I re-joined another group in August 2012, starting weight 18st 11bs and left just before Christmas as 17st 8lbs. So, here I am today. A whopping 19st 2lbs. I know how I've got here, I know what I've got to do, but I know I need support other than going along to meetings I know I can't commit to. I figured that with my home life being hectic and I often reach for crisps or chocolate rather than making a healthy lunch, slim fast would be a good alternative as it's all there, ready to grab and calories counted. Evening meals are generally healthy, homemade consisting of meat cooked in their own juices and steamed veg. It's the chocolate on an evening that's a killer! But, I think the slimfast snack bars are a good substitute at the moment :) thank you if you've read to the end, feels good finally getting it out x

I have read it all :). Well done! Your just like me up and down. You can do it! And fair play for stopping the comfort eating and getting back to it!!x

Hi I'm new to the forum too. It's hard to stop the snacking, but I've found out that the craving don't last for ever. I think using the slim fast is a good idea. :)

Awww that sounds like a rollercoaster, bless you! D: I'm new as well. I was on my first day yesterday, and I had some cravings also D: (They always get me!) but managed to weather it out. Drink plenty of water as it fills up your stomach and makes you feel not so hungry! :D Goodluck on your journey :D

Welcome to the forum carrie, the first thing to realise is your definitely not alone, and wether its comfort eating or just snacking its not an easy thing to get out of what I do now is snack but on the right things I personally feel that depriving yourself of food isn't the way to go, that's why I joined Slimming World, and besides feeling full up I feel like I have a personality again I'm not the fat person people give sly glances at, I'm another person in the room who feels they can contribute and be a part of society again. You have made the right first step good luck to you and keep letting us know how your journey is going ;)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and lovely words x it has been a rollercoaster and I wish I'd got off a around 15 stones then my journey back down to being normal wouldn't seem like a mammoth task! I'm so ashamed of myself for getting so big, but I'm all the more determined. I'm finding that by signing up to my fitness pal was one of the best things i could've done. It's like a game where I'm trying to reach/smash my targets. I just hope I don't lose interest like I have done with bubble witch saga :D

Today I'm feeling a bit glum after I stupidly believed my scales yesterday, weighed myself today and I've in effect gained 3lbs overnight when I've stuck to plan! I'm finding the days really easy and love the convenience of the shakes/meal bars. I'm absolutely ravenous by 5pm though, so may bring dinner forward to 5:30 rather than 6pm. I'm worried I'll then spend all evening until bedtime starving which is worse because it's when I munch and when I cake away!

Hopefully I'll be getting my cross trainer back this weekend so I can clock up some exercise on that and I can then feel better over the weekend. I'm finding that during the week, because we walk a lot (I don't drive and my kiddies school is an hours round trip walking) I feel better but then at the weekend I felt so lazy even though I spent 3 hours plus in the garden on Sunday! I felt like I needed to go for a jog though I need some decent running clobber because I'm so self conscious!

Back