NEWS: Announcement made at group about WATER CONSUMPTION

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Blonde Logic, 24 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Our LLC told us last night that Lighter Life and it's panel of "prestigious" doctors and nutritionists including NICE and the other one (name fails me) have reviewed the LL plan and have changed their stance on water.

The now say we should drink THREE litres of water, and that not ony does the water in our coffee and tea count towards that, but so does the water used to mix our packs!

So good news for those who struggle with water. If 4 Litres were too much, it should get easier.

I will probably keep drinking 4, because I am used to it now. But it takes the pressure of some who struggle with that aspect.

You should all be getting the announcement this week from your LLC's so be sure to question them if they don't say anything.

Ta!

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Corey

Corey longs to be average!

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I'm glad you've told us BL - we have a locum for the next two weeks, so wonder if she would be telling us, or waiting for our LLC to return to tell us.

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

a bit bizarre to make a change like that though (IMO). Oh well, I'll continue to drink as much as I have always done.

5. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

Our LL counsellor told us before I went away, it is because a bloke at a group nearly died downing ten litres in an hour :|

Plonker!

6. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    What a muppet!! Glad he is OK, but geez-louise....what was he thinking? Was this someone in your group Miss B??

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

well, the changes won't stop people doing silly things like that. OMG. I don't even think I could physically drink that much if I wanted to. He is extremely lucky he didn't die!!!

8. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

No, not in our group..but yes what an idiot!

9. DaveP

DaveP Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(21.28%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    IS it physically possible to do 10 litres in an hour?!?!?

10. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

I'd say so...i can drink a litre in a few minutes...easily

11. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    My LLC said ages ago we could include the water from our tea and coffee.
    I have to say I almost never managed 4L per day and still had great losses, must be because I was actually doing ok after all, wish I hadn't beaten myself up about it so much though.

12. Kellie=]

Kellie=] Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    yeah i agree. its a little annoying as thats the part that i found so bloody difficult! seems pointless stressing about it now!!
    xx

13. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    So it's about the same as Cambridge now. I could never understand why there was a difference. Reckon a lot of LL people are going to be happy with the reduction :clap:

14. Mini_Me

Mini_Me LighterLife Returner

Start Weight:
    17st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I was regulary drinking 4 litres, PLUS tea and coffee... so maybe 5.5 o 6 litres in total per day. I cut down to drinking 2.5 litres of water, plus tea and coffee, and I have been losing more weight for the last 3 weeks on that amount... it must just be what my body is comfortable with...

15. supersize

supersize Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Well that's interesting you say that Mini Me because after my councillor told us I was quite happy to drop to 2.5l water plus tea and coffee and fluid in foodpacks and that felt fine but i read other posts on other threads that seem to say the more you drink the more you shrink, as it were! I'm in ketone confusion mode. I don't know what's for the best. But we're not all the same size so it's pretty impossible we'd all need the same amount of fluid isn't it?

16. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    There's been a good discussion/debate on the Cambridge forum about water intake.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/49437-more-you-drink-more-you-loose.html

Our rules are 2.25L plus the water in shakes (so approx 3L in all). Some drink more but the 2.25L is the minimum.

I'm sure you're right about some people needing more, so I really believe that as long as you drink the minimum amount, you can then just go on whether you are thirsty, or feel that you need a drink.

Your body will tell you :clap:

17. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

And my LL counsellor last night said there has been no such announcement about including the water used to make the shakes...

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. supersize

supersize Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Weird. There's a lot of inconsitency there then. Mine did, yours didn't. I'll maybe have a look at their website. Bound to be an announcement. Will get back if I have anything to report!

20. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

omg:eek: in a hr how on earth would that even be possible!!!??

21. Twinny

Twinny Full Member

Goal Weight:
    49.9kg
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Mine didn't say anything about how much to drink or about the foodpack water counting towards anything - she just said that they had 'relaxed' the 4 litre limit and to drink as much or as little as comfortable.....

I think I'll still aim for the 4 litres on top of the foodpack water - I dont lose very fast anyway so I'd be a bit worried that my small losses might slow down completely if I reduce my water.....

22. healpro

healpro Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    At long last, LL have seen reason!!!!

Tina

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.