• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

NHS couch to 5k

Thats the sort of attitude I love! It is basically a 9 week course to talk you from the couch to being able to run/jog for 30 mins, I have had a bit of a listen and it is really good, tells you when to walk and when to run (has some decent music to help as well).;)

There is an app but it's not called this. The app is brilliant. This is how I very first started running, don't worry if you have to repeat a week, I think I repeated week 3 again as I couldn't manage week 4 at the time. Just take your time if it's your first time running, just a gentle jog, keep ur arms lose and don't worry if you have to slow down, just don't stop.
Good luck xx

Can anyone tell me what i would search for to find this on i tunes please?

thank you

Shabba

Loves the Nom Nom!!!
There are loads of apps and pod casts. Just search C25k or Couch to 5k.
Its hard work but worth it.

Good luck...i'll be (hopefully) starting tomorrow as well :D

Thanks guys, I dont have the money to go to the gym, so im going to free boxercise classes and can do this too. Im moving to London soon so if I can get through this I can go for nice runs during the summer round the parks down there.

mmm theres a goal I can aim for.

Im moving to London soon so if I can get through this I can go for nice runs during the summer round the parks down there.

mmm theres a goal I can aim for.
Cool...i already live down here and i'm looking for a running buddy so we'll have to get together! :D Whereabouts are you moving to Vicky?

Wow that would be cool, my partners flat is in Chiswick Village.
I wont know anyone there other than his flat mates so that would be really nice.
Just downloading part 2 podcast as I type and found a site that outlines what each week is.
Il have to find some headphones and start week 1 tomorrow

Awwwww damn it, you're on the other side of london to me!!! :sigh:

I'm on the Ilford end so the only thing i can foresee happening is if we meet in the middle at Hyde park within london for a run!

Well, we'll have to get together at least once :D.

Sounds god, even if we get together once a week or fortnight for a run round the park. As soon as I know when il let you know

Awwwww damn it, you're on the other side of london to me!!! :sigh:

I'm on the Ilford end so the only thing i can foresee happening is if we meet in the middle at Hyde park within london for a run!

Well, we'll have to get together at least once :D.

Does anyone know how many training sessions per week this is? Have downloaded it and just about to find my mp3, but just need to know what days I need to commit too :)

Sounds god, even if we get together once a week or fortnight for a run round the park. As soon as I know when il let you know
You are SO on! :D:D:D

Just been on my first run...god i am so unfit...even then my 12 year old couldn't keep up!!! :D :superwoman:

No blood or guts coughed up...just a bit of wheezing which i'm not happy about, but hopefully i'll get there.

Does anyone know how many training sessions per week this is? Have downloaded it and just about to find my mp3, but just need to know what days I need to commit too :)
I think it's 3 days a week...every other day...dependant on which day you start. :)

I used the Get running app bcos i thought you could play your music whilst running to it but it didn't. I want to play my music not the apps music...any ideas or anyone with different apps that do this please?

Last edited: