NHS skin surgery

noodles1609

Having a very lovely life
Has anyone been able to get NHS funded skin surgery? I know it varies by area with most being a total blanket no, but I'm led to believe if it's required for medical necessity it could be possible, wondering if anyone has any experience of this? I'm needing to have major abdominal surgery in the next few months and have quite an apron of spare skin now that would hinder wound healing, so I'm wondering if this would be considered as a medical necessity. If anyone has any experience to share I would really appreciate it :)

Noodles - I think there's a sister forum site to this one which deals with weight loss surgery (including skin afterwards) and you might find more people on there with experience of this.

Thanks Weasy, I should take a note that it's often useful to scroll down a screen to the bottom, didn't know about half the forums on here! I've posted in the one about surgery :)

Did you see the guy on the programme about when gastric bands go wrong last night? It was really sad.. He had lost a lot of weight and needed skin removing as it was getting infected etc but no one would remove it due to the length if the operation.. I felt very sad for him :-(

Back