Nibbles?

Low carb cheesecake? Just a thought, I make one and then treat myself to a little slice here and there. There are quite a few recipies on low carb web sites.

The one I make is very tasty, it's a baked cheesecake, and its quite large so goes a long way. I've given it to visitors and not told them it low carb and they had second helpings! It's so nice to know you can have a little treat. I will look it up and find out exactly how many carbs per slice, as I can't remember right now.

I will look it up and put it on later. It is easy to make, has to be if I make it!

Cheese Cake (low carb)

1 1/2 lb cream cheese ( I used marscapone)
4 Eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla escense
1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
1 1/3 cups splenda
1/4 cup soured cream

For the crust:
1 cup crushed almonds
2 tbsp butter melted
2 tbsp splenda

Pre heat oven to 375f
Combine crust ingredients and press into lined 8" loose bottomed cake tin. Bake for 8-10 mins or until starting to brown. Reduce heat to 350f
Put cream cheese into a bowl and beat till fluffy, add all other ingredients and whisk or beat till mixed well together, scraping the sides of the bowl several times, this is important. When all incorporated, whisk for another minute.
Wrap your tin in foil making sure it comes up the sides, And place into a deepish baking tin, then pour your cheesecake mix over the crust. Fill the baking tin with boiling water so it comes 3/4 up the side of the cake tin. Put it in the oven, ( I pour my boiling water in when it's in the oven, because I'm clumsy), bake for 60-90 mins, check after an hour though, needs to be firm but slightly soft in the centre. It's best to switch oven off when done and leave to cool in the oven for a couple of hours.

It: Nibbles?

Hi. Just thought I'd add my cheese cake which is a little bit easier. Same base as above, but occasionally I add a couple of low sugar biscuits or digestives. I make the base quite thin so its not too bad. 2 pots 200g cream cheese, 100g pot of creme fraiche/Greek yoghurt/marscarpone what ever is to hand and don't worry too much about weights it always works out. Just aim for 500/600g of above with approx being cream cheese. Mix them together and if you like a lighter, slightly moussy consistency then whisk in an electric blender. Make up a packet of sugar free jelly with as little water as you can to dissolve the granules. Mix with the cream mixture. Wait for it to set a bit because otherwise it will make the base soft. You can tell when it's beginning to set because a spoon with leave a trail in it. Flop in on the base and leave to set. You can also do it with out the base to make a mousse/flan. I like using lemon and lime jelly because it cuts the richness of the cheesecake but you can use any flavour. If I'm being really fancy I sometime make a bit more jelly and when the cheese cake is set I pour it over the top to make it look pretty.

Back