NICE Guidance on Obesity

CW Consultant

Gold Member
I read on the LL forum this morning about a paper being published in April which could impact on VLCDS. This is the post I have put on the LL forum, however, thought I should put it here also incase any CDC's did not receive the Guidance in January.

NICE GUIDANCE ON OBESITY

The National Institute for Health & Clinical Excellence (NICE), after many months of consultation with a wide range of stakeholders published in DECEMBER 2006 its Guidance on Obesity.

Although NICE Guidance does not cover all the areas previously within the 1987 DoH COMA Report on The Use of Low Calorie Diets in Obesity (recommended formulations for instance still need to comply with this publication), it does take precedence in terms of advice to health professionals working in the NHS and to the public in the management and prevention of overweight and obesity.

All CDC's were notified of this and sent a four page document outlining what it means for us. There will be advanced training for CDC's in June to take account of any changes that need to be made.

If any CDC's have not received the document from HO please either contact Head Office or email me on [email protected] and I will send you a scan.

The short version of the Nice Guidelines which includes all recommendations is available on CG43 Obesity: NICE guideline

Linda

I notice from another thread you mentioned the Diabetic Guidance, don't suppose you have a link for that.

Thanks
xx

Sorry I haven't you should be able to find it if you go to the main website.

All of the CD protocols around diabetes are changing, there is advanced training for CDC's next week.

Linda

Back