Nice to meet ya

scottye87

Back after 10 years of ups and downs...
Hey all :),

Joined yesterday, and made a few posts so thought it was about time I posted a Hi, i'm Scotty, currently nearing the end of my weight loss, and starting maintenance, i've known of the site for a year or so, and have checked the photo thread regularly, so thought i'd finally join, and try to help others like I was helped.

Look forward to getting to know you all :)

Don't be shy, say Hi.

Hey guys, not weighed for a while....it may sound strange but i find weighing is bad psychologically for me, as more focused on reaching numbers than leading a healthy lifestyle, but I've lost between 6 and 7 stone so far, and still going :)

I tend to stick to it by measurement in clothes sizes, so far i've dropped from a 54 inch waist (shameful lol) to a current 38, and from XXXL to L in tops/tshirts. So glad to say goodbye to all that excess fat.

My method is just low calorie, very low fat and high protein diet. Typical day is 1100/1200 Kcal and, most of which comes from fish and chicken. I also run 2 miles a day, followed by a 2 mile walk as a warm down (as I used to get bad cramps at the start, I did this to help with them, but then it just became part of the routine).

Look forward to getting to know you all a bit more :), how have you guys done?

Last edited:
hey there and welcome to the site! you have done fantastically!!! well done! I have began running and finding it a bit difficult to b honest with you as i havent done it in YEARS lol I start off with a power walk to warm up and then give it a go but its not coming easy- any tips??? Well done and keep it up! Sammy x

Thanks guys :)

Sammy, I don't really have any tips other than to just grit your teeth and do it, especially now its winter, the wet and cold is so offputting lol. But the one thing that does help me, is listening to my iPod, I find it makes the run much more enjoyable, especially if im listening to something, like power ballads or rock music or dance music even, something heavy or fast paced, it helps me keep the ummph to run forward when i'm tired, if that makes sense lol x

:welcome2: Scotty. Well done on your weight loss success & the running too.

Well done scotty, on the weightloss and the running.

Apart from some knee problems that might stop me, i wish i could just go out and run, but it just doesnt seem to come to me. I totally understand though by what you mean by its more of a lifestyle change. To lose that amount of weight and to maintain it, its got to be.

Well done again,

Lizzie xxx

hey there thanks for the advice, i will be back home in wales next week and i am getting myself a little MP3 player to run with, i think thats what i am missing!!!!

Thanks Disney and zillie. :)

Could always try some walking zillie? Be a bit lighter on the knee for you and is a pretty good workout over long distance too, although not really weather to get you out there at the moment lol.

hey there thanks for the advice, i will be back home in wales next week and i am getting myself a little MP3 player to run with, i think thats what i am missing!!!!

Dont forget the power ballads hehe :p and you must have some great views in Wales, even more inspiring.

x

Hi helen, thanks hun! Wish you luck on any journey youre on/starting too :)

Back