Nicky's Diary

Nicpic

Well here I go! First day of the diet today. I'm 35, married and mother to my DD who is four and a half. The past few years have been really tough as my daughter suffered hypoxia during delivery which has resulted in brain damage and a diagnosis of cerebral palsy. I've used food and alcohol to some extent to reward and comfort myself in the evenings and my weight is now a staggering 18st 6lbs :( that's five stone in five years I've put on. Been overweight for a long time but I am ready to kick its backside once and for all!
Tried all the diets in the world (it feels like!) except sns and after lots of research and inspiration from you lovely lot, it's time for me to wave bye bye to my size 22 tents :D
I've a huge motivation, which is my DD. I need to be fit and healthy for her sake as she needs me 24/7. Also we've been thinking about another baby (gulp)... It's time.
So any advice, support, inspiration etc will be great received. I SO want to get there this time. I want to wear a vest top and denim shorts this summer :)
Watch this space :)

Hey Nicky,

Welcome to S&S, I too am a newbie and only started last Saturday so it would be great to support one another. I am through Ketosis now (I think lol) and am concentrating on the losses. I am 31 this year and a size 20 and 16st12lbs so i am in this for the longhaul. I am determined not to go back to my bad eating ways either and like you i would like to have a baby and dont want to be morbidly obese :sigh:. Good luck xx

Hello ladies good luck in your journeys, keep that goal in mind and why you are doing this and it will fly by :)I'm also hoping for baby number 2 afte I get married next year so hoping to be Nic and healthy for my pregnancy, hoping I won't put nearly 4 stone on like my last pregnancy tho else I will be straight back on s&s haha.
Keep posting it helps a lot!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks ladies :) yes let's definitely support each other. It'd be nice to think we were all pregnant, slim and happy this time next year :) x

Hey Nicpic
Welcome and I look forward to reading your diary.
Im in it for the long haul too so all us long haulers can keep each other company, but I wont be joining you on the pregnancy though have got 2 already and my baby days are behind me LOL
xxx

Haha yes you've done your bit for the human race :D Great to know I'm not alone in this. Looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on and offering and receiving support on here. X

Hi Nicky,

I'm a newbie here too. I have a young baby, like you we have discussed expanding our family, so time to get healthy.

We are similar weights to. Good luck, today is my first day. Been 100% so im happy with that.

Hi. Good luck to you too! I've been 100% too. It's nice to get through the first day, isn't it?! Early night for me to avoid temptation although to be honest I'm feeling focused :)

Ahhh all this talk about new babbas!! I want oneeee :) xx

Haha well my little monkey is nothing but trouble hoping the next one is much better behaved haha x

People keep telling me my Daughter's a one off and i'll be shocked when i have another lol x

Hahaha I hope my next is goin to be totally opposite! Worse part is he just doesn't sleep!!!! Ahhhh xx

Welcome Nicky !!

I had two at once and managed to get them to 3.5 so far so I am sure you can cope!!

Take care

XX

Thank you xx Dreading the yukky lightheaded ketosis stuff but it'll be so worth it . You're doing really well! :D

Hi Nicky hope your doing Ok!

The first few days are the most difficult but stick with it it is worth it when people start to notice!

XX

lilo said:
Hi Nicky hope your doing Ok!

The first few days are the most difficult but stick with it it is worth it when people start to notice!

XX

Hi. Totally fallen off the wagon on my sisters hen weekend :( but ready to get back on it tomorrow :) xx

Nicpic said:
Hi. Totally fallen off the wagon on my sisters hen weekend :( but ready to get back on it tomorrow :) xx

Well done for getting back on it(or atleast planning it) hope you had a good weekend tho xx

Back