Nicky's focus switch.

Tawny75

So here I am, 1 year and 3 months into my weightloss journey from nearly 20 stone to hopefully half of that. I started on Weight Watchers on 1st March 2011 and by Christmas I had lost 3 stone. Since then I have faffed about with 3lb, putting it on and off and on and off. Being honest with myself I know I was cheating and not exactly tracking what I was eating and that explains it. I feel I need new focus so I am here with Slimming World. I did lose 2 stone on SW about 10 years ago, so I have a rough idea of how it works, but I have signed up to the online version for 3 months so I get all the info I need. Starting off on the EE 7 day program, I know I will eventually end up on green days as I am not a huge meat eater.

So here I go......

Yesterday went well, I went a bit over my syns but not as bad as I have done. I am finding this Extra Easy plan hard to understand, when I did SW before a few years ago, it was red days and green days and i knew where i was. I almost feel guilty having meat and pasta for dinner!

I have worked out my meals for today and I am trying to make sure that I have loads of Super free foods with lunch and dinner, I am anjoying the new focus this is giving me, maybe it is the kick start I need to get back into my weight loss. Onwards and downwards!

Still can't get my head round this extra easy thing, I just can't see how it will work, but I will stick at it. I will just go on to green days if I start to struggle because I know that works for me and Kirsty likes the food I cook as well. I am doing well today, I am 100% bang on and I just had a yogurt poured over a banana when I would normally have biscuits. Today, I am feeling much more in control and I am loving it, I had to go and lay down tonight for a couple of hours because I had a banging head ache but it is all gone now.

I will resist the urge to get on the scales tomorrow. I will!

I am feeling great at the moment, had a fab weekend with my lovely Alan, he makes me feel like I am the most beautiful person in the world! I have stayed totally on track, even having a gin on Sunday that was all counted in my syns.

I can only hope that this refocus has worked, I am enjoying concentrating on what I am eating at the moment, I am even contemplating joining a gym. I used to be a member a long time ago but never used it. Hmmmmm something for me to ponder on.

Well it has worked! I take back what i said about EE, I have lost 3lb this week and I am in single figures in the 16's I just need to keep at it now and stay focused. I feel really good actually, fell of the wagon big stylee last night as K was round at my sisters. I must cook properly for myself when she is not here and not just snack. I know my loss would have been more as a lot of this is water from the snacking I did last night. the sooner I learn not to self sabotage myself the better. Losing weight is a as much a mental battle as a physical one and I need to stop feeling guilty that others are not doing it too.

Right on to week 2 and heres to a 100% week!

So last week is a write off, 2 days in bed with a migraine, no food, very little liquid, then 4 days of decorating so we had takeaways. Still, I got on the scales this morning and it was only a 2lb gain, which I can easily lose next week by staying on plan. I have planned a low syn day today, I just need to get my Hexb choice sorted, I don't really know what I fancy, maybe I will have a ham sandwich later to stop me eating biscuits. The paprika pasta is looking favourite for tonight. I must confess, I was not sure what it would be like when I made it last week, but it was lovely. Gotta love quark!

Back