? nicotine gum

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by amm451, 31 August 2009 Social URL.

1. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi,

Just wondering if we are allowed nicotine gum? Today is my last day as a smoker!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi amm

Sorry, don't know the answer to your query but I am sure a knowledgeable person will pop along soon. Good luck giving up smoking - I gave up a 20 plus habit in the first week of August 2008 and haven't slipped up since. I had been a serious smoker since 1987.

It really has been a positive move, I no longer get so breathless walking uphill or just walking distances in general. I used to hate smelling of nicotine so soon after stepping out of the shower and applying perfume. And I was able to change the terms of my mortgage thanks to saving well over £150 a month.

I turned to food 'for comfort' as I was not on a diet at the time. Combining giving up smoking and doing CD sounds like a good idea, although you will have to judge if it is too much to do at one time. You sound very determined - perhaps if you can't have nicotine replacement you could try hypnosis, worked for me and my uncle who had smoked about 35 years.

4. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Just want to get through this evening, back on patches tomoro.... in between minis and alan carr!

5. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    My friend Robert gave up about 4 years ago with Alan Carr method and he remains an enthusiastic promoter of its merits. I recommended it to another pal who thought it was the comedian on Channel 4!
    Keep us updated on how you get on.

6. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

hey - from the list of ingredients you read out, not really sure.....:confused: and, chewing creates saliva and can make us feel hungry.........s'pose gum is better than fags ??!!!!!!

if I were you though, I think I'd stick with the patches.......

Debz x

7. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Cheers debz... patches on tomoro just gotta get through tonight.... I have the gum beside me just not needing it yet!!!! Cold Turkey for me lol (I wish that sounds good!)

8. macy12

macy12 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I used Nicotine gum all the time whilst doing CD, didn`t seem to affect me.
    (mind you, I`m hooked on the gum, been on it for ages !!!)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.