Night before Weigh In...

CharKearney

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if there is a lot of you whose weigh in's are of a morning?

My SW class is on Saturday mornings at 8.30am and I've now recently got into a habit where I'm scared to touch food the day before weigh in...

I'm always worried that if I over eat it won't be fully digested before tomorrow. I try not to use any healthy extras or syns, nor will I eat dinner (typically i'll have a snack of an apple after my Insanity class). I'm even worried about how much water i'm drinking in case it affects the scales come Saturday! I'm just wondering if anyone else get the same cold feet?

In all honesty, I know i'm being insanely silly. However I'd like to see some comfort in the fact that other members do similar things?

Hi,

I used to be like this a lot before I started SW but iv realised that it really doesn't make that much of a difference.

If you feel like you don't want to eat too much just keep your syns around 5 and you should be ok.

I know it takes a lot of getting used to but it does work!!

Good luck for your weigh in :)

I eat normally the day before my weigh day. However I weigh my self first thing before I eat to get the best possible reading.

I have read many people say they sometimes miss a meal and eat it after being weighed in. I'm not sure I know anyone who hardly eats all day and I understand what you are looking for here is reassurance.

You have admitted to knowing this restriction of food is "silly", but you have got yourself into a negative pattern, which is totally counterproductive. Say for example you changed your time and weighed at teatime, would you now eat the day before but deny yourself food during the whole of the WI day?

In order to move on from this, you need to think about the bigger picture. This is about what you weighed last week and what you will weigh a week later in comparison with 7 days worth of food and drink consumed. Starving yourself for a day is not going to cheat the system. Restricting your food intake, fluid and syns will not do you any favours in the long term and is in fact detrimental, especially if you are exercising.

Regardless of what you ate /drank the night before, if you follow the plan there is no reason it shouldn't be working. As part of SW we all have to face WI day but this is about not putting so much emphasis on what the scales are telling you, but looking at this as a permanent change in the way you eat. Little by little you will get there and it's not a race. You need to concentrate on how good you feel in yourself, the way your clothes feel loser and importantly the changes for the better that you cannot always see (your health). Stop worrying about the WI and enjoy the fact that you can eat so much following this plan and lose weight. I really do hope that helps. Good luck with everything.

Last edited:
I don't usually drink alcohol the night before WI (I tend to retain water the day after drinking alcohol) and I try to wee as much as possible before WI (TMI?!) especially if I haven't been 100% on the plan, but other than that I tend to eat and drink normally.

I know you know this already, but any 'extra' loss from not eating or drinking the day before WI is just superficial, it's because you have less volume in your body, not less fat. Next week eat normally the day before, by all means have a lighter dinner, but try to eat and drink as you normally would (or you're simply dehydrating yourself, which isn't healthy). You might STS the first week, but that's just because you'll have the fluids back in your body.

You're doing really well, so you're obviously following the plan, just try to have confidence in yourself and the plan and stop starving yourself! :) x

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if there is a lot of you whose weigh in's are of a morning?

My SW class is on Saturday mornings at 8.30am and I've now recently got into a habit where I'm scared to touch food the day before weigh in...

I'm always worried that if I over eat it won't be fully digested before tomorrow. I try not to use any healthy extras or syns, nor will I eat dinner (typically i'll have a snack of an apple after my Insanity class). I'm even worried about how much water i'm drinking in case it affects the scales come Saturday! I'm just wondering if anyone else get the same cold feet?

In all honesty, I know i'm being insanely silly. However I'd like to see some comfort in the fact that other members do similar things?

How did u get on this morning?
Lx

I weigh in sat morning also and used to be similar, but I've started just eating as normal. Don't be scared to have syns and HEs the day before weigh in. I found I wasn't loosing as much when I was eating less, so enjoy yourself and follow plan as normal :D

How did u get on this morning? Lx
I gained 0.5lb which was super frustrating however I did have an off plan weekend. I'm going to listen to everyone's advice here and have a normal day this Friday! I need to snap out of this stupid way I think as I'm always just so intimidated by the black box and I think in ways it jeopardises my weight losses!

Thanks everyone here for your help and kind words. I definitely needed this reality check!

I have just shifted to a Saturday morning weigh in - and one of the reasons was to stop messing about with food on the weigh in day - I would typically eat 'light' and stress if I had something unexpected come up (a work lunch/office meeting etc) and it was stupid! I would also have a treat night after my evening weigh in - and sometimes binge eat chocolate and treats.

I needed to get out of the cycle and I think a Sat morning weigh in is excellent - no time for a treat night, and no worrying about weigh in cos its first thing. I am going to make sure I take some fruit/low syn snack to get me through the meeting! :)

I have just shifted to a Saturday morning weigh in - and one of the reasons was to stop messing about with food on the weigh in day - I would typically eat 'light' and stress if I had something unexpected come up (a work lunch/office meeting etc) and it was stupid! I would also have a treat night after my evening weigh in - and sometimes binge eat chocolate and treats.

I needed to get out of the cycle and I think a Sat morning weigh in is excellent - no time for a treat night, and no worrying about weigh in cos its first thing. I am going to make sure I take some fruit/low syn snack to get me through the meeting! :)

Welcome to the club :family2:

Back